BHVR - I finally salut you! Thanks for the meta change!
I know that there is currently a lot of upheaval because of the meta change and many players of both sides are lamenting the loss of beloved perks or combos, BUT this is exactly what I always advocated for.
If an option in a game (in our case perks) sees way, way more usage then other choices, then chances are pretty high that its overtuned and just superior to the other choices. And while you can never adjust this in a way that it is 100% even, you can at least shake up the so-called meta.
Many build-heavy games, like LoL or DOTA, do this regularly: if something is deemed too strong and overused, its nerfed in some way and the players will figure out a new meta, until the next round of nerfs. While this might force you to sometimes abandon your favorite tactic, it also keeps things fresh and breathes some fresh air into the stale meta.
So I absolutely support BHVRs steps with the meta shake up. We will see a time of lot of experimentation, players will try out all sort of builds, try different combos, get disappointed or stumble over a new meta. So lets all embrace this new state of the game instead of lamenting that Iron Will and Self Care are useless now. Heck, I had Pain Resonance in nearly every serious build, but I am not angry. I felt that I had to use it, just to have some gen regression on the move, now things will move forward and other perks might get the opportunity to flex their muscles.
And finally will I not have to stare at "4 DH, 4 BT, 3 IW" etc at the end screen, but see some clever, new builds. I am so excited for this, I can hardly contain myself. The game was becoming really predictable, but with one, bold move the sins of the forefathers have been washed away and we might look hopefully into a slightly tarnished, yet bright, future.
Comments
Yes, I can't wait to see different survivor playstyles :)
Survivors talking/arguing about what killer is boring to play against, but nobody asked killers if 95% of Survivors are boring to play against, with all of them running the exact same perks