The Perk Changes - My Opinion

As a veteran player (5k hrs, I play both sides) I will give you my first thoughts about the new perk changes.


BBQ: fine

Ruin: fine. After one person is killed before your ruin is gone you have a lot of pressure anyway, so it deactivating is ok. reduced numbers should be fine too.

Pop: fine

Corrupt: fine

Tinkerer: fine

NOED: fine

SH:PR: I don't know if understand it right... you still get the regression of x%, but it no longer explodes+notificates the killer right? So it doesn't synergise with DMS anymore? I'm fine with that.

DH: fine

DS: fine, although I don't like the reduction to 3s. It was buffed to 5s before, because you could not gain momentum fast enough with 3s stun and get away. Maybe 4s is a good compromise.

BT: fine

IW: Not changed, as I would have liked. Why? I'm a Jeff main, I basically need IW so I'm not heard from miles away. Whereas Ace has inbuild IW 2. Also a lot of other male survivors (e.g. Ash, Bill, Adam, Quentin) will suffer greatly because of this. They are barely played and maybe played even less now... Please make injured noises the same volume across all Survivors. I also don't like getting Spirit players with Stridor again (I really don't miss that time). IW was the only thing that could really help you against her. I would be completely fine with the changes if you a) make the volume of injured sounds/breathing the same volume across all survivors and b) remove Spirit's ability to hear grunts of pain during her phase (normal breathing would be heared instead).

SeCa: Fine. Although I dread the match I see a Claudette using SC vs a Legion with Sloppy....

SpCh: I used SC for 3 years now constantly, so I may be a bit biased. I don't use it for the vault speed, so removing that is fine. The lingering effect should also be fine. My only problem is, that this perk is almost useless in indoor maps or once you are on a gen in a building/jungle gym. It will barely activate, if at all. And the main purpose of this perk is to warn you of the killer (especially if they are undetectable). Now imagine a Wraith on Lèry's with the silent or global bell... unless you are on a hallway it won't be triggered until it's too late. Maybe add that in a range of 8m (or 12m) of you SC will trigger even if no LOS between the killer and you exists. This way, you will be warned and have maybe 1s to react, but it will still help with stealth. Myers and GF need to have LOS anyway, so this should not be a problem. Although.... how will it be determined if the killer has LOS or not? How much of you needs to be visible etc. More info would be appreciated.

Overcharge: fine

Eruprion: fine

K.O.: I'm not looking forward to get slugged more, but let's see.

DD: fine.

Jolt: fine

LP: fine

SH:GoP: fine

Thana: fine

SH:MS: finally!

CS: I don't know if the debuff is really needed... It is still a niche perk

Sabo: Not sure about this one, since I usually don't do sabo plays. It could be fine but also get out of hand with SWF.

Botany: should be ok. gives about the same speed with SC like before.

Off The Record: The new DS. I think I will use this one instead since the killer can't really evade it unless he leaves you.

Lucky Break: This could be really cool.

Pharmacy: And what if all chests are already opened by the time I need it? Add a rummage option and it is fine.

SS: Why should I do gens if I am the last person alive? I should search for hatch insead! What are hatch interactions? Using a Key? Why not give a stackable gen speed bonus for every dead survivor? Or overhaul the aura blocking (which is no longer up-to date with the Object changes). My idea: For every dead survivor, the Killers aura reading and location indication duration is reduced by 15/20/25%, starting at 25%. Once a survivor is hooked for the last time or killed otherwise, this bonus is applied (so the BBQ of the 3rd survivor who dies won't show your aura at all).

Distortion: fine

Lightweight: fine

Deja Vu: fine

NOLB: fine

Dark Sense: fine and interesting

Tenacity: fine

Hope: fine

Overzealous: Still not worth, since hexes are not guaranteed.

WGLF: fine

Comments