Disappointed With the Prestige 3 Reward
Just wanted to throw out a more measured response to the reward for P3-ing a character before the rework. To be clear, I think most people expected the unique frame for each P3 character done before the rework, since that was the easy thing that would be unique to that character without being a cosmetic.
That being said, I know a lot of people, myself included, were hoping for something that would make it more worth it to have thrown away 150 minimum levels of progress on a system that was recognized to be defunct and unhelpful for the grind. Some suggestions I saw thrown out among the community were:
A slight global increase to BP gain from here on out per P3 char prior to the update.
X number of items/add-ons/offerings given to the characters to help make up the lost levels.
Flat BP/Shard gain - we knew cells were off the table but something to, again, compensate for the lost levels would've been nice.
Unlimited add ons for those characters - I thought this was a bit much but wanted to include it as something I did see a few times.
To see none of these and in fact, nothing other than the border, feels a bit...token, to me. Especially given that you announced it in advance, prompting at least some of the community, myself included, to strive to P3 as many characters as we could prior to the update in case it was something really good. Finding out it's not only nothing major but nothing that recoups anything about the 150 lost levels per character, it feels a bit like a bait and switch.
To be clear, I'm a big achievement person, I'm still planning on wrapping up my killers P3 because I'm very close to finishing them all and I set that goal for myself and don't want to abandon it, but I'm now doing it almost purely for my own personal satisfaction, not for the reward, because the reward feels very...token (and we haven't even been shown it yet so it's really hard to be hyped for it at all...) and I don't blame anyone who, like me, had been going to try to get as much as they could but now opt to stop because it feels so underwhelming.
Rest of the update I'm by and large excited for, but especially with being told in advance there was some unique reward coming I feel like this part falls flat.
Comments