I'm kind of eager to test the changes ... but I'm really not sure about Dead Hard.

I can see the anti-tunnel is strong with this one. Many of the changes are interesting and understandable.


However I'm not sure how Dead Hard is better.

The way I see it, survivors have a bigger window to activate it and will sill get a speed boost if the killer dares to hit during that one second window he has to guess.

If there is no indication of Dead Hard being activated, it may very well be stronger than before.


Am I missing something?

Comments

  • i will never be stronger than before because the distance effect has been removed and the only thing that's there is the borrowed time effect of 1 second which is easily baited. this perk has been totally destroyed. along with some heavy survivor nerfs and big killer buffs.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If you activate it and the killer doesn't hit you and it still gives you exhaustion, i don't think the perk is going to be very good, you'd get way more value out of just using a different exhaustion perk.

    What I expect will happen is that the killer will not hit immediately to avoid it. It will end in a game of "dare" and the killer will need to wait even more than he does now.

    I might be wrong, it's just how I feel it's going at the moment. I guess we'll see with the PTB. I hope I'm wrong.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Dead Hard is easily worse now, absolutely no doubt about it. There is no Dead Harding to a pallet or window anymore, you simply eat the hit or mistime it and go down. And I'm very certain it'll have an animation as well. Not to mention survivor speed after a hit is getting toned down, which also nerfs it again.

    My only gripe is that it's the endurance effect which means no deep wound on hit. Like how BT works or Soul Guard.

    I'm thinking Dead Hard may be at the very least be stronger against Nurse. Before one could bait Dead Hard and hit with a second blink. Now with the one second window it may very well be impossible. Finally a use for the 3-blinks addon? ;)