Potential survivor MMR fix
Idk if this has been brought up yet or not but I think its worth talking about.
I think that in a good mmr system that a survivor who contributes more ie does gens saves properly runs the killer but then die should have their mmr raise. While a bad survivors who wait cowering in the corner not doing anything and escape out the exit gate should lose mmr.
My justification for this is that bad survivor is obviously not prepared for that match or is scared. So getting a worse killer would help them better matches more get acclimated to the game. Then that survivor that tried their butts off that whole match gets rewarded for either being a martyr or being the one who lasted the longest. Who will in turn find other survivors and killers who are more at their level.
Obviously there are outliers and the devs want a definitive win loss scenario. So exceptions have to be made for games where everyone play's their butts off, killer included, and either gets out or half get out. I think that in that scenario we divert to the way its done now. Kills make more sense in that context imo.
I know this sounds like the old ranking system but i think that theres a way to bake aspects of it into current mmr. I'm not saying bring back ranks or that the devs dont already have something like this going. I'm just working with the info we were given.
Edit: Also I kind of forgot the devs said something along these lines so here to hoping its a good change :D
Comments
They plan on changing the MMR for survivors in the future so that it's team based rather than solo based from here:
"For the future, we’re still hard at work implementing various improvements to the matchmaking system. These include making Survivor ratings team based rather than personal (so dying heroically to save everyone else isn’t as punishing)"
Which came from here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/319692/news-matchmaking-tests-results#latest
Which I think seems to be the most elegant solution. Whilst this won't entirely remove a situation where a survivor who hides in the corner all game and lives still gets an MMR raise, it means at least that running the killer the entire game and dying doesn't mean an MMR loss either.
Yeah I saw that. Heres hoping their fix will be good.
Glad they plan of changing it rather than purely being on escaping, because that really doesn't determine the skill level of that player at all.