Unpopular Opinion: "The Game" is better than a lot of maps.
Yes yes, I know. 35 god pallets will have you thinking this map is atrocious. But honestly after playing more and more of this game I slowly started to realize... a lot of maps are worse. With gideon yea there's a lot of pallets, but there's still barely any windows, so it's mostly pallets which once you break... they're gone. Nothing the survivors can do.
Meanwhile on maps like macmillan (god how I hate macmillan maps) you get about 15 different jungle gyms all within 25 feet of each other and mostly all of it is windows so you physically can't get rid of them, putting you in what is practically an infinite until the survivor either A. Messes up themselves or B. falls for some janky mindgame. Add that with shack that is a short distance away from all these jungle gyms and the chance to get a main building like storehouse where you can get looped there for a minute in just that building alone.
I genuinely wipe most of my gideon games and yet when I get on these maps like macmillan or autohaven, I lose most of the time just based off the sheer amount of jungle gyms and ultra safe loops within such a close distance of each other.
Comments
I've had an easier time with Trapper than with other low tier killers. There are so many god pallets that it's impossible for the survivors to find every trap unless they're really dedicated to it and the one basement room with the one entrance (until the gen is powered) is great for trapping the entrance and then stepping into the room to grab survivors.
It's also conveniently close to a hook outside and the basement. The basement is even more evil than on other maps if you trap it because there are so few places to go.
It's not a good map for Trapper but I've found it not as terrible for Trapper as it was for Clown and possibly Doctor (who during his five seconds of every 30 not being pallet stunned or breaking a pallet can at least hit quite a few survivors with a shock).
Didn't read any of the responses...
Agreed. Better than lots of maps. It's a good map, it's not just a reskin of every other generic 1-floor-map-with-trees,.. Not a perfect map, but not that bad. It's not super wide, so despite being 2 floors you can still get anywhere fairly fast.
I don’t dislike The Game as a map, but if I had to make the choice between The Game and, let’s say, Suffocation Pit, I’d pick Suffocation Pit every single time
Maybe not every single time... but i would pick suffocation pit 2x/1x
I will admit, I am immensely biased in favour of Suffocation Pit because it’s my 2nd favourite map in the game
It Is a good map, though.. Macmillan maps are the best maps.. and Autohaven a close second,..