Windows 11 - Keeps Crashing

Hi,

just asking if anyone knows a fix for DBD crashing on Windows 11. It happens every 1-2 hours of playing and its always EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.


Running Windows 11 Enterprise 21H2 BuildNr. 22000.739

Things I tried to fix this issue without success:

  • Whitelisting the game to Windows Defender
  • Reinstall the game (Had to do that twice cuz the first time my "Update-File were corrupted" according to steam)
  • Disable Windows-Fullscreen-Optimization
  • Reinstall drivers
  • Install the latest Windows-Build
  • Change Powerplans
  • Run Steam as administrator
  • RAM-Test (passed)
  • Different graphicsettings
  • Disabled CPU/GPU Overclocking
  • Verify Gamefiles

If anyone has a different idea other than switching back to Windows 10 feel free to post it.

dbd_crash_312.png


Comments

  • Try using Direct X12 steam launcher option using the following:-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -dx12

  • @Crimson_Lockhart said:

    Try using Direct X12 steam launcher option using the following:-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -dx12

    It did something, yes. I only crashed once today so not quite perfect but still.

    I would say my question is answered. Thanks for the help! :D

  • No problem I have been using this for a week or so:-high -novsync -notexturestreaming -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -dx12

    Note: I don't know if all commands work (-notexturestreaming might be a slow down).