Please unhook your teammates when farming with killer
*Before you read post: You do not have to farm if you don't want to, this is not for those that don't want to farm at all, this is for those that choose to farm. If you don't like farming/find it boring that's fine.*
Played match as Doctor to quickly get my community chase challenge done. I'm not trying to kill anyone just want to get my chase bit done. I'm hitting/shocking/kicking gens while survivors play along. Everything seemed to be going great.
Then at 1 gen left 2 of the survivors in chase lead me to hook and point to indicate I should get some hook points so I go for it. One hook each as other two finish last gen before they also head over. I hook the first two twice and hook the other two once each. One of the 1 hooks runs off and the other 1 hook who is now healed runs to nearby pallet while the survivors that have been 2 hooked are healing. I hit them as they hop over the pallet, they blind me while I break it, I down them and carry them back to the same hook for their second hook but as I am in middle of the hooking animation EGC starts.
I look around and see with BBQ all the other teammates are running in different spots across the map. I run around hoping someone will go save this poor survivor because they're not supposed to die on hook, just give me my 2 hooks and leave... I don't know why the other 3 abandoned them.
I go to exit gate as one of the 2 hook players is running back from the direction of now dead survivor hook, I'm guessing they realized the other 2 weren't going for the save too late. They wave at me to chase them out, I just look down shaking no like the sad Doctor I am.
End game I see the 3 that escaped had all played anniversary offerings and had full load out of tier 3 perks. The poor dead survivor didn't play any offering, only had 3 tier 1 perks - a universal and 2 of that characters teachables. They kind of hid most of the match, not joining in until the end (only had 10k BP compared to everyone else around 20k+) so feels like maybe they were new. Bummer that once they decided to try and farm they died because the teammates abandoned them.
Please unhook your teammates when the killer is farming with everyone. It makes the survivor you let die sad and it makes the killer sad... Atleast in my case it made me the killer sad...
Comments
Earlier today, I hooked a Steve that I'd previously had some friendly interactions with - the only survivor I'd really done so with that match - right at the exit gate. The Feng in the gate left and the Yui tried to run. I downed Yui, brought her back to the hook, and dropped her until she wiggled off.
She ignored Steve and ran straight out again. There's just no reasoning with some people.
I sympathize with your sentiment, but I've been burned too many times by "scummy killers," and these other survivors have probably had the same experiences. Theres just not enough good faith going around because too many people take advantage of others' courtesy.
The two on death hook probably left because they didn't trust that you wouldn't take advantage of an opportunity for free sacrifices. In their eyes, it was the burden of the third survivor to unhook the fourth survivor. Its also possible they were a 4-man SWF and abandoned him for a laugh--my buddies and I will do that if we've had too many easy/chill games in one day.
---
Just last night I was playing a game with my friends, we were all pretty beligerant at this point and not taking the game too serious. My one friend gets 3-hooked before the rest of us even get hit once (I wouldn't really say he was tunneled, because his dumbass kept running straight at the killer like he's never played DBD before). I end up D/Cing on first hook, because my friend's incompetence paired with the Dredge's build (MYC, Starstruck, Darkness Revealed, SH: Floods of Rage w/ Iri Plank & Boat Key) quickly became a buzzkill. My other buddy took this as a sign to let the killer hook him so we could all requeue immediately, so he runs straight at the killer.
The killer downs my friend, and slugs him for 2.5 minutes as he scours the map looking for the last survivor. He picks my friend up on two seperate occasions and even lets him wiggle off at one point. I advise my buddy at this time to help the killer find the last survivor, so we can play the next game, because the killer is now holding our game hostage.
At this point, as someone who plays both roles fairly evenly, I personally believe the killer owes it to the slugged survivor to give them hatch for playing along and having to tolerate 4+ minutes of sheer boredom. Killers who take advantage of the slug timer to 4k (and need the entirety of the slug timer just to find the last survivor) are doing so at the detriment of the slugged survivor's gameplay experience. Its pretty scummy to do so without showing the compliant survivor any form of gratitude.
My friend can't see anything in Darkness, so he can't find the last survivor and instead tries to get the killer to down him and put him out of his misery. That doesn't work, so I advise my buddy to go stand on a hill and AFK (there are 5 gens left, so no reason to even bother getting them done 2v1). Eventually, the 4th survivor is downed and hooked. The killer comes right over to my friend, and as soon as he picks him up, the 4th survivor unhooks themself. Immediately my friend is dropped, and we have to wait another minute before the killer downs the 4th survivor. The killer eventually comes back to my friend and hooks him on the nearest hook.
The whole thing felt really disrespectful. My friend could have d/c'd when I did and we would have found a new game faster than had we waited out this killer's BS. There also then would have been the chance that our 4th teammate escaped thru the hatch or exit gates.
---
TL;DR Players don't treat each other with enough humanity to entertain someone who looks like they are farming
Yeah, this is why I don't 'farm' in the traditional sense. If I want to farm, instead I 2 hook and then hit to injure, letting people heal up and do gens at their own pace. I generally end up capped on most things, as do they.
I think the issue here was that I wasn't farming in the traditional sense, though. The Yui was scared, too dumb or paranoid to understand that the killer carrying you to a teammate and letting you wiggle off means the killer is probably being friendly, and said "nah fam" to her teammate. Which is sadge, because they also let another player die on hook earlier that match and Steve was the only one I cared to save. :P
That said, that's how I play it too, unless the survivors meme first or I get a map I really effing don't want to play on. Two hooks on everyone and then I'll downgrade myself to a nuisance until my points are capped or until a survivor memes (which happens pretty often, I find, once they get the idea you're not killing them.)
I get not trusting farming killers, it's why I don't hook anyone unless they ask. I've definitely been burned by fake farming killers.
The survivors in this case were the ones to signal it was ok to hook doing the wave over and point at hook. I'm just happy with hit/shock/kick gens so when survivors signal to be hooked it's a bonus for me. With the last survivor I even left the hook and went to other side of map in case they were worried I was going to be that killer that was faking farming for easy kills.
I think the one survivor opening the gate made the other survivors run looking for an invitation last minute before time ran out and they all thought one of the others would make the save. I think that's why I saw one survivor running from the direction of the dead survivor, they realized too late that no one was going for the save.
If it was a 3swf just leaving the random for a laugh that's just scummy, do that crap to eachother in the swf but don't screw over the random that did nothing wrong.
I had that happen as survivor v pig. Pig and I had good interactions, think pig just wanted her BBQ stack when she hooked me at end. She tried to signal to person in exit to come get me, they instead pointed/teabagged before running out. Pig came over doing sad killer. ๐