I doubt we will get through the first two community challenges

I've played potentially about 15 or 20 games since the event has started, and hardly seen killers kicking generators, experienced significant increase in tunnelling.


I wish this community worked together on these challenges

Comments

  • 750000 individual players to complete this first challenge. I don't know if the player base is that big but I'm expecting dedicated players will have to complete it repeatedly to ensure numbers are met. Definitely a good thing we can still contribute afterwards.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/328665/i-doubt-we-will-get-through-the-first-two-community-challenges

    At the current rate of gain, it's impossible. This feels like we've been deliberately set up to fail, as you can't progress it unless you have it selected, meaning you can't do any other challenges in the meantime.

    I wonder if the devs are having a little joke at our expense.

    Lol it really does seem like it's a joke. Either that or a huge oversight

  • I cant imagine what makes anyone think that most killers WANT to work with survivors when you act the way you do during normal trials...this is our opportunity to screw you all back for the crap we gotta deal with the rest of the year...

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    750000 individual players to complete this first challenge. I don't know if the player base is that big but I'm expecting dedicated players will have to complete it repeatedly to ensure numbers are met. Definitely a good thing we can still contribute afterwards.

    Can't contribute after you complete it. Mandy confirmed on different post that you can't and that Peanits was incorrect when he said you could on another post.

  • @Shut_Up_Meg said:

    I cant imagine what makes anyone think that most killers WANT to work with survivors when you act the way you do during normal trials...this is our opportunity to screw you all back for the crap we gotta deal with the rest of the year...

    Yes, because survivors aren't individual players with their own personalities, ranging from fun to nasty. Survivors are just a gigantic hive-mind, and not only think the same, not only communicate telepathically, but share experience like the frigging Borg, so punishing one group will automatically be punishing the previous group who were nasty to you.

    >_>

  • @Hex_Llama said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004268#Comment_3004268

    The point of a community challenge is to feel good when everyone contributes toward the same goal -- if it weren't dependent on other people, it wouldn't be "community" -- it would just be a personal challenge.

    In this case, I also think they're trying to pace it so that a handful of the most active players can't just buzz through the challenge alone in the first few hours, which also makes sense to me.

    I'm sure it'll work out okay.

    You cant contribute more after you finish it though, Mandy confirmed that in a different thread. My concern is they made the number really high and once your done you can't contribute more so you literally have to hope others will do it. And sure it feels good to do community challenges but you think the community will be thankful to each other if the goal isn't met? Just asking for virtual fights.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    They'll have to adjust it if we don't get it, they're not going to make a cosmetic that no player ends up with.

    This. If progress it too slow they'll just add fake numbers so we get it.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004409#Comment_3004409

    Yes, because survivors aren't individual players with their own personalities, ranging from fun to nasty. Survivors are just a gigantic hive-mind, and not only think the same, not only communicate telepathically, but share experience like the frigging Borg, so punishing one group will automatically be punishing the previous group who were nasty to you.

    >_>

    So I guess macro lights, teabagging, the usual crap talking in post game chat and SWFs on discord is all in my mind....silly me

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004400#Comment_3004400

    Can't contribute after you complete it. Mandy confirmed on different post that you can't and that Peanits was incorrect when he said you could on another post.

    Then it's just flat out impossible. We're not completing this first challenge, there's simply not enough players.

    They ######### up the maths.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004400#Comment_3004400

    Can't contribute after you complete it. Mandy confirmed on different post that you can't and that Peanits was incorrect when he said you could on another post.

    Well then we all best hope that the player count is really that high 😔

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    It's still day 1 people (or at least not 24 hours).

    I imagine the vast majority of the playerbase is still doing their own individual totem challenges and even now, there's still a decent chunk taken out of the community challenge.

    I don't get why there is such a panic that these are not doable...

    Because they...aren't. Doing a bit of napkin math, based on the current rate of gain, allowing for a surge over the weekend and a fall-off over next week:

    Destroy or Rebuild will be finished on Monday. Very optimistically Sunday.

    Cat or Mouse will be finished on Thursday, but more likely Friday.

    Drop or Chop will be finished the following Tuesday or Wednesday (this one looks like it'll be the longest).

    We'll probably get about 2/3 of the way through Salvation or Sacrifice when the event ends. Maybe, at the absolute best, we'll get to the end of page 1. We won't be finishing anything on page 2.

    You'll get the Glittering Mass, maybe the Haddie cosmetic, and that's it. And all of this is being quite optimistic, and assuming that everyone who can do these does these, and that the fall-off isn't too steep.

  • By the way, I think this Community Challenge is a great representation of Survivor experience. You can jump out of your pants, do as much as you could, but it will all for nothing when team doesn't care, and nothing you can do :)

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004410#Comment_3004410

    Well then we all best hope that the player count is really that high 😔

    And chooses to put the challenge on instead of focusing on the individual challenges to get BP and get through the rift.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004410#Comment_3004410

    Then it's just flat out impossible. We're not completing this first challenge, there's simply not enough players.

    They ######### up the maths.

    Note: the numbers I quoted above assume everyone can contribute after their 40 is done. If it doesn't work like that, then these are straight up impossible.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004431#Comment_3004431

    Note: the numbers I quoted above assume everyone can contribute after their 40 is done. If it doesn't work like that, then these are straight up impossible.

    Considering there's going to be 8 of these challenges, it should be completed by now.

    Whatever the current total is, that's what the goal should be, not 30 million.

  • @Shut_Up_Meg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004414#Comment_3004414

    So I guess macro lights, teabagging, the usual crap talking in post game chat and SWFs on discord is all in my mind....silly me

    Sure. Those things are bad, and this game needs more in the way of moderation.

    But I've been playing a lot of survivor recently, and as a 'nice' killer main, it's astonishing to see how mean killers are from the other side. Facecamping, hitting on hook, slugging everyone out at 5gens with Knockout, postgame BM, tunneling people out at 5gens, walling people in etc.

    The problem isn't 'survivors'.

    The problem is 'buttholes'.

    This game needs less buttholes.

  • @katoptris said:

    Aren't we supposed to be able to picked two challenges simultaneously?

    I think it's for later.

    But there's something I don't understand. After doing it 40 times, does the skill check/kick count anymore? Because 40 times only for each individual... I'm quite unsure.

  • @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004175#Comment_3004175

    I think it's for later.

    But there's something I don't understand. After doing it 40 times, does the skill check/kick count anymore? Because 40 times only for each individual... I'm quite unsure.

    Mandy has confirmed that once you do your 40, no more will be contributed.

  • @Xx_Daniel_xX69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004534#Comment_3004534

    Mandy has confirmed that once you do your 40, no more will be contributed.

    Oh.

    Then this is impossible.

    We'll get Glittering Mass, and that's it.

  • I'm confused. What about this? https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002278/#Comment_3002278


    Edit: Nvm, looks like that's wrong.

  • I think its really unfortunate and slightly unfair that we can’t progress on this challenge without having it selected.


    If its a community challenge, it shouldn’t need selected to complete, just make it a base challenge while we do the others.

  • @Araphex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3003611#Comment_3003611

    It should just be damaging gens by any means. I hate kicking gens when playing killer and prefer other perks that automatically damage them like Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance. The fact that survivors can stop gen regression in less than a second compared to how long it takes to kick a gen is just atrocious.

    Always has been and sadly always will be.

  • Good news, they adjusted the numbers for the first challenge and we completed it! I hope that will follow suit for the other challenges too cause they still look very big!

1 2 ›