Simple Oni change Iโ€™d love to see

So does anyone remember that Oni used to have 2 chase music tracks? One was for when you played as him and the other was what survivors heard. This was removed due to a bug but apparently the devs liked it so they kept it in

I think when Oni is in blood fury it should play his alternate chase theme (https://youtube.com/watch?v=C1aL0Gxz5i4&feature=share) instead as it feels more intense than the other one. It would be a cool way to bring it back and help his fury feel scarier

Comments

  • Cool, I like it. ๐Ÿ™‚

  • It'd certainly be neat! I think the departure from killer chase tracks being different than survivor chase tracks is a bit of a bummer - I really dig situations where the killer perceives things differently from their victims, even in non-diegetic ways.

  • @dugman said:

    Cool, I like it. ๐Ÿ™‚

    Yeah it seems weird for bhvr to get rid of a perfectly good track tbh

  • @Mozic said:

    It'd certainly be neat! I think the departure from killer chase tracks being different than survivor chase tracks is a bit of a bummer - I really dig situations where the killer perceives things differently from their victims, even in non-diegetic ways.

    Yeah since Oni wanted to kill the fake samurai it feels fitting for his POV theme to be war like and almost heroic in a sense. His normal one feels more threatening and monstrous which suits the survivors POV better

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3000152#Comment_3000152

    Yeah since Oni wanted to kill the fake samurai it feels fitting for his POV theme to be war like and almost heroic in a sense. His normal one feels more threatening and monstrous which suits the survivors POV better

    Exaaaaaaaaaactly. That and I think its also a good idea for the killer chase themes to be overall a little less intense than the survivor's version - the killer listens to their chase theme for a VERY long time compared to survivors, and auditory fatigue can be real with some of the more intense & repetitive tracks in the game.