Looks like OoO does not work well with Residual Manifest.
I made a post discovering that Blood Pact does not show survivor auras to each other if one of them blind. It's the same thing with OoO. If the killer is blinded due to Residual Manifest, you do not get to see the killer's aura.
Comments
I'm not surprised considering the wording
"Whenever the Killer reads your Aura and for the same duration as they do so, Object of Obsession activates"
I wanted to try it, because blindness doesn't prevent your aura from being shown at all like distortion or off the record. The killer just can't see it.
I'm a little disappointed, because it could have been a neat synergy that wouldn't even be that strong since it'll only give you 1 free read.
I honestly believe that object was overly nerfed. It should still have synergy with aura hiding perks, which it doesn't anymore (with it's current effect obviously)