super low fps...

I've taken a 3 month pause from dbd (like 2 3 weeks after they removed stretched res) (it was not due to stretched res being removed it was becuase i was hook camped 17/20 games)

Anyways Dredge came out i have a few thousand hours and i thought it would be fun to play dbd again... So i bought the new killer as usual and i realised i cant even get 120fps... I have the LOWEST settings possible... I have uncapped my fps obviously and disabled vsync... I cant maintain a steady 120fps... when i had stretched res that wasnt a problem and no i wont turn down my resolution because the game gets blurry...

Now you might wonder ooh blahblah blah he has a ######### pc and all that, while i might not have the best graphics card (rtx 2080) with a ryzen 7 5800... But i have higher fps on COD MW 2019 high / ultra settings than i do on dbd its a joke at this point... anything else i can change to make my game smoother (i have Gsync 2 but that gives you a higher input delay so i have it off...) But as i said i play dbd on lowest settings and i have worse fps than cod mw, ark etc. on highest....

Comments

  • You have problems man... i don´t have constant 60 fps in some maps.

  • @Marc_123 said:

    You have problems man... i don´t have constant 60 fps in some maps.

    hhm i was at a steady 120fps this game but the game still felt like it was 60fps i checked nvidia and all that and my settings were at 144hz so its not hardware related atleast

  • If a game or the engine operates at 60 max you won´t get much of a difference from higher fps.

    In most games the higher fps just give you the minimum input lag.

    For a higher fps monitor it is beneficial of course.

    Some angles of the big maps and some of the newer effect overlays can be a bit more taxing on gfx.

  • Have you tried putting -dx12 in your launch options? Using DX12 competely solved crashing and hitching for me, and I had huge lag spikes for months before putting it on. It used to crash when using DX12 mode, but not anymore. I think it's cause I updated my redistributables too.

    You can do that by following this here guide https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/153/master-fixes-and-general-guidelines#latest , specifically the section I've pasted a picture of below, and reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistibutables. You go into your program files, find the redistributables in the "Uninstall Programs" page in windows, then find and reinstall them from this link, in the right order.

    This article lists the download links for the latest versions of Visual C++ Redistributable packages.


    image.png


    Your post should probably be in technical issues section btw.


    I also recommend turning off FXAA (anti aliasing) if you haven't already, it makes the game look blurry and less detailed in an attempt to smooth out edges.

    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2287410795

  • @MrMori said:

    Have you tried putting -dx12 in your launch options? Using DX12 competely solved crashing and hitching for me, and I had huge lag spikes for months before putting it on. It used to crash when using DX12 mode, but not anymore. I think it's cause I updated my redistributables too.

    You can do that by following this here guide https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/153/master-fixes-and-general-guidelines#latest , specifically the section I've pasted a picture of below, and reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistibutables. You go into your program files, find the redistributables in the "Uninstall Programs" page in windows, then find and reinstall them from this link, in the right order.

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RP0BLP5E30AR/image.png

    Your post should probably be in technical issues section btw.

    I also recommend turning off FXAA (anti aliasing) if you haven't already, it makes the game look blurry and less detailed in an attempt to smooth out edges.

    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2287410795

    yea i forgot to put it in, but i also just wanted to see if other people had it since i think it is from the new update... I've seen youtubers rubberbanding and having some issues with that too (more than before)

  • @Marc_123 said:

    If a game or the engine operates at 60 max you won´t get much of a difference from higher fps.

    In most games the higher fps just give you the minimum input lag.

    For a higher fps monitor it is beneficial of course.

    Some angles of the big maps and some of the newer effect overlays can be a bit more taxing on gfx.

    yea, but obviously i have a 160hz monitor thats why i want it, and i dont reallyt care about input lag because its dbd... its not as fast paced on r6 on the other hand where you need to react and every ms of input counts (not really but i still want it was low as possible) i would be more worried...

    And the game only supports 60fps too, you can go higher but it ONLY SUPPORTS, so that might also be why its still capped at 120 even when i put the cap at 0 or over 120. But i resolved the issues now i only have rubber banding and my friend does and everyone i play with and againt does (randoms) so thats not on my end

  • Maybe they're testing Console Mode on the live servers? Even things up a bit? How do you PCrs like it?




    I'm kidding I wouldn't wish the performance of my Xbox1 with this game on anyone...