Wholesome Moments

As I'm sure some of you know, I don't play killer to sweat. I usually farm. But I don't do it in a way that's boring for the survivor. I don't just stand around smacking pallets. I play just as I normally would until I 2 hook all the survivors, then I let them leave.

But, I just had a game that was so insanely wholesome and sweet that I had to talk about it. When I farm, I play Ghostface. I run Thrill of the Hunt, Distressing, BBQ, and Lightborn. No add-ons, no offerings usually.

I also have all 3 Pride charms on my hook. (I've had multiple occasions where the survivors are super friendly when they see the Pride charms and it's so cute.)

So, I spawned in on The Game. I go into stealth, and I get ready to play as I normally do. I get upstairs and as soon as the survivors see me they start standing around me and teabagging. I do as a Ghostface player does, and teabag back. They then gathered around one of the hooks and started pointing towards my pride charms, nodding their heads and shining their lights on the flags. It's 2 Bunny fengs, a Meg, and a Steve. I believe both Fengs had Pride charms. They motion for me to hook them, and I do. I hook them all twice. Then I go around breaking walls, kicking gens, the usual. Then they run to me and tell me to follow. I go back to the hook and they've neatly surrounded the hook with two medkits and two flashlights. I almost cried then, it was just too wholesome.

After awhile all the gens had finished, and they told me to follow them again. They took me to the basement, wanting me to hook them and kill them, but I always feel bad killing the survivors when they're so sweet. I shook my head and took them to the exit gate where we proceeded to do a slowmotion race to the exit. They all died as soon as end game collapse had ended and I felt so bad. But it was such a sweet game, and those guys were so kind.

As soon as the game had ended I got a message from one of the Fengs; "You helped me get an achievement so I really appreciate the farming! I genuinely love facing ghosties like you, you make the game more enjoyable."

The other Feng messaged me as well with a sweet message and they both signed their messages with "-A bunny feng ๐Ÿ’œ"

I just wanted to share a super wholesome moment I had in the game. I just wish every game could have such wholesome moments or at least wholesome chats after the game has ended. This also makes me wish console had post game chat with PC users and other consoles. Just so I could send kind messages to others after games. But I also know that that would bring a lot of toxicity unfortunately.

Share some wholesome moments you've experienced in DBD! I feel like we've got so many threads complaining about toxicity, and none highlighting the more kinder interactions that happen in-game.

Comments

  • The game I chose to end my night on last night. Playing Legion (funnily enough in The Game as well). I go through and go for my usually two hooks on everyone, get three survivors with a hook a piece and I run across one of them again before I find the 4th survivor. I put them on second hook with the intention of not hooking them again until I have the rest dead on hook or the game gets down to 1-2 gens left. They DC seconds after hooking them.

    At this stage with 3-4 gens to go, it's not looking good for the survivors. I figure I'll get my hooks then let the team escape as I know it sucks to have a teammate bail on you. Get everyone on deathhook. I still proceed to chase and down occasionally, but I pick them up and stand in one spot to let them wiggle off then I head off in another direction. After doing this a couple times they are on the last gen and understand what I'm doing. They pop it and I go open the door for them. I get a couple of single dips as thanks and some gear offerings and all but one run out. Last one takes me to the basement and let's me sacrifice them. Endgame chat was great vibes all around and left me with that "I wish every game was like that" feeling.

  • Aww, I love the pride charm parties. Them building a shrine around it is so cute. I wonder what achievement that Feng was going for?

    I had two really wholesome moments yesterday. One was smaller - I was playing against a Dredge and looping shack, and they did a pretty smart move with the remnant outside the window. I didn't see it coming and walked right into it, and it was such a good play that I stopped and pointed and nodded. They nodded back! Dredge looks ridiculous nodding, it's great. We kept chasing as normal after that, but after I got unhooked, they followed my scratch marks until they realized it was me, and then turned around and left - even though I was at the last generator and it already had partial progress. I thought it was really sweet that they gave me that much leeway even though they were going for their adept (which they did get.) We had a nice chat in endgame, too.

    The other was a game against a Nurse. We lost that game basically immediately; it turned into a pile-up at basement at 4 gens and we were all hook trading for what little good that did us. Eventually I managed to get two people out at cost of my death hook, and she just kind of... stared at me, and then stared up the stairs, and then back to me. I didn't wiggle when she picked me up, and she carried me out of the basement and took me on a trip around the map, hitting AD the whole time so she was waggling back and forth. It was adorable. She spent the rest of the match alternating piggyback rides on everyone else, and we slug raced out. I tried to sacrifice myself for her, but she just brought me to hatch and I didn't want to make her wait out the entire endgame collapse.

  • Not something that happened very recently, but on my second ever game of DbD (about a month ago) I went againt a Nurse on Midwich.

    She was blinking all over the place, I hadn't even FOUND a generator yet and she had already downed my friend and hooked him, downed the David I spawned next to, hooked him too, and was chasing the third survivor.

    I was understandably a bit overwhelmed and as soon as I got my friend unhooked, and I heard the terror radius, I decided to give myself a pep talk inside a locker. This is how I learned she was running Iron Maiden.

    One hook later, I blew up a gen because the cry startled me, and then just because I was bad, and she found me. I knew she had Iron Maiden. She knew that I knew about Iron Maiden. Can you guess what I did ? I hid in a locker in the next hallway.

    She just stood in front of the locker, obviously disappointed in me, I came out slowly to accept my fate... And she walked away.

    After that point, any time she saw me, she just walked by me and left. I blew up my gens like, maybe four or five times after that point, and every time she'd come to check on me and then walk away to chase someone else. I could almost hear her going "You're doing doing great sweetie just keep going".

    She didn't let me unhook my teammates, but she let me do one whole gen (we still had done NONE and there was 1 dead and my two remaining teammates on death hook) before she untimely disconnected, leaving me very confused as she was obviously an experienced nurse on her way to get a 4K.

    Regardless, she obviously saw that I was very new and essentially adopted me and let me practice my skill checks in peace.

    Her being so nice to me in what was basically my first game (at least the first game where I survived more than 2 minutes) actually gave me mad respect for Nurses, and whenever I see a possibly new Nurse player get a bad game I'll let her kill me after my teammates escape. I just have a good feeling with them now. Nurses are cool.


    Also, I kept from that game a certain distate for Midwich, because somehow I can NEVER find my way in that building. On my first killer game on the map (and maybe 3rd killer game ever), I couldn't for the life of me find the stairs, so the survivors just did all of the upstairs gens and I was stuck downstairs like an idiot. A Jake actually had to come find me, make the "follow me" emote and lead me to the stairs..... Which was adorable of him. (And very needed)

    (The game was pretty much already lost and I didn't want to throw Jake's trust out the window, so I just dedicated the rest of the game's time to exploring the map and giving pallet stun points to my new friend Jake as thanks)


    Anyway, I was very lucky to have really nice opponents in most of my first games as both survivor and killer. I'm still not quite "good" at the game, but I don't know how I would have turned out (or if I would have kept playing) if I had the bad luck of going against mostly toxic killers/survivors in my first hours of the game.

  • Shame on you for using lightborn. Now that we got that out of the way, nice story. haha