I don't get how MMR works

This happens everytime: I lose pretty badly to a team where the player with the most hours has a little over 1k. I go next. Now the player with the least hours has 3k and they all have like 80 hours past 2 weeks. How does this work? How does losing make me go against better players?

Comments

  • For your own health don't stress over the MMR system.

  • It doesn't work, it's simple as that.

    I keep getting matched with survivors who have less than 300 hours (I have nearly 4.5k myself) against killers with 3k+ hours - you can imagine how those games go and it's really draining my will to play.

  • It involves 4x7 sided dice, prayer beads, dartboard, blindfold and some kind of clairvoyant cephalopod picking different coloured marbles from a bucket.

    I haven’t figured out all the steps yet but the last one is, spin around 5 times…

    and there are your opponents… have fun!

  • "How does MMR work?"

    "It doesn't, that's how"