Can't join a friend's lobby, game version mismatch error

Platform: PS5

Description of the issue: when trying to join a friend's lobby through the in-game invite system an error appears stating there's a mismatch in the patch/update version. We all have updated to 6.0.0 with no updates in progress.

Steps to reproduce (if possible): Yes, this seems to only happen with a PS5 console as my friends can join each other if they're both on PS4. I am on PS5 using the PS5 version of the game. I have not tried if this error happens when both are using PS5 with the same version.

How often does this occur: everytime when I get sent an invite and try to join their lobby. The same error occurs for them when I send them an invite.

Error message:

DSC_0196.JPG


Comments

  • ps4 has cross play disabled

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    ps4 has cross play disabled

    Thanks for the clarification

  • @Entea said:

    Platform: PS5

    Description of the issue: when trying to join a friend's lobby through the in-game invite system an error appears stating there's a mismatch in the patch/update version. We all have updated to 6.0.0 with no updates in progress.

    Steps to reproduce (if possible): Yes, this seems to only happen with a PS5 console as my friends can join each other if they're both on PS4. I am on PS5 using the PS5 version of the game. I have not tried if this error happens when both are using PS5 with the same version.

    How often does this occur: everytime when I get sent an invite and try to join their lobby. The same error occurs for them when I send them an invite.

    Error message:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/EUM6LS095BC6/dsc-0196-jpg.jpg

    I also have the same problem on PS5 when trying to join PS4 players 08/06/22 2.50pm

  • Still no fix for PS5 players, great update! I love waiting 15 minutes for a killer lobby :D

  • This issue is known, it's connected to the issue that we had with PS4 & PS5 yesterday which is currently being worked on.

  • The issues on both PS5 & PS4 should now be resolved - cross play is back in effect also for those affected.

    Thank you all for your patience whilst this matter was being resolved.