is there a place for the casual player in DBD?
I play not that many hours per week and I spread that across several Killers with just one that I play a lot more than the others. The MMR system puts me in unwinnable games all the time, I'm at about 25 games with all 4 Survivors escaping with no end in sight to the 1000 hour Survivors I get matched against. Is there no-one playing that the MMR system can match me with? Do have to play the game as though it's a job in order to get any fun out of it?
Comments
Generally speaking, there are a lot more Survivors at later hours (EST) than Killers.
They will be waiting in queues and as such, the matchmaker will expand the acceptable rating, meaning you will find matches as a Killer that you shouldn't be in.
When you have a losing streak, then it would be best to stick to the same killer. So the mmr rating (which counts differently for every killer) lowers that rating for that particular killer faster. Which then would result in fairer matches.
Continuously switching killers would slow that process down.
Are you playing games with pre-made lobbies? If you dodge pre-made lobbies where all 4 survivors were already waiting for you, you should find your opponents will be based on YOUR MMR, otherwise you will be facing a team that some other killer dodged when they looked up their opponents hours.
Also, exactly what @Pulsar and @Tsulan said too.
Don't feel bad if you get stronger opponents. You're probably better at Killer than you think you are.
If you’re playing as casually as you allege, it shouldn’t matter how strong your opponents are. Casual ought to mean you’re unconcerned with the outcome of the trial, regardless of how you play.
So maybe you don’t approach DbD as casually as you think you do.
Ah, my mistake. I should have asked you what casual meant before posting.
To me a casual player wants to enjoy the occasional game and not lose every game with the accompanying teabags and ggez.