Billy
billy is dying... its sad, everyone loves him and now that he is weaker and nerfed nobody wants to play him and you almost never see a good billy. why was he nerfed? i forgot. second why havent they reverted him yet?
billy is dying... its sad, everyone loves him and now that he is weaker and nerfed nobody wants to play him and you almost never see a good billy. why was he nerfed? i forgot. second why havent they reverted him yet?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
They’d rather keep Nurse and Blight the way they are instead of making a balanced killer fun.
They gave a vague "according to our data, Billy is overperforming" reason. They never really communicated how they arrived at that conclusion or what it is they thought was overpowered about Billy. This was even pre-MMR if I recall, so it's not even clear where he was overperforming in terms of skill bracket.
And for all the talk in the recent dev stream of being more reactive to changes in the way players play and their skill level, we have a giant elephant in the room with Billy. He's been shadow nerfed constantly since then with the god awful map asset collision. I swear they look at almost every tile on re-worked/new maps, and go "whoa whoa whoa, Billy might be able to have fun here. Let's add some random junk at the corner". And even if you don't factor in those things, he's still completely countered by...dropping a pallet. Twins add-ons get nerfed because of high MMR performance, and Billy gets nerfed because players can't drop pallets. The only consistent thing is inconsistency.
Speaking as someone who used to despise Billy before the rework, I really wish they would give him some love
Even if they want to keep him 'weak' or whatever strength you consider his current state, his power feels absolutely dreadful to use on a basekit level. Engravings helps a lot I'm sure, I'm not too experienced with them so I can't say but I play him with steering addons and he feels so garbage to play
Billy doesn't need huge changes but definitely a bit of love and attention. The last time they changed him on purpose was when they buffed engravings a bit so they wouldn't generate as much heat anymore. I think it would be enough to make the death engraving base kit. What I would like to see is the possibility before charging the chainsaw to switch between a fast (with death engraving base kit) and a slow chainsaw sprint that would allow him to maneuver more easily like with the yellow boots.