Oni Mastery 2.0- Week 1

Hey fellas, today we’re going to be going over the first week of my saga to master The Oni. Again. Because the first time I tried to do this, it didn’t go so well. I meant to post this on Monday, but because of serious rubberbanding issues and bugs, my motivation to play has been pretty much killed so you’re getting it early.

Progress:

Learned how to flick consistently around objects, still struggling with hard corners.

Attempted to 180 flick. Failed. But I did pull off some nice 90 degree flicks and even a couple of flicks in between 90 and 180 degrees. Eventually I learned how to do a 180 degree flick semi-consistently, but not to the point where I can apply it in chase.

Had a moral dilemma because I found out 180 flicks are an unintended exploit.

You know that thing where you surf along a wall and then flick to hit the survivor? I can do that now.

Almost won like 10 times in a Dead Dawg game against flashlight enthusiasts. Then I seriously choked :(

I’m struggling with:

-attacking around hard turns with demon strike or demon dash

-performing flicks

-Using demon dash around junk tiles where the survivor can see you at all times

-managing when I use blood fury, specifically how close to the survivor I need to be when I activate it. Too far and they get away, but too close and I feel like I’m wasting time when I could have activated it earlier.

I also found out about a really crippling bug, more info linked here-

@DoritoHead said:

Platform: PC

I do not know the exact cause of this issue but I will say that I suffered from some extreme rubberbanding while in blood fury, which led to me being in my power (but unable to attack or use demon dash) while the duration bar was empty. After I picked up a survivor, I was unable to pick up blood orbs, as shown here-

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RT3RCATH9AJT/image.png

You can see that the prompt to absorb blood orbs does not come up. (Blood Fury still recharges passively and gets progress after injuring a healthy survivor)

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/96QWQ6TNUHNP/image.png

Even when I manage to get Blood Fury charged, you can see here that there is no prompt to activate it.

After that I had something very similar but I couldn’t M1 either. This issue has killed my desire to play Dbd for the time being.

Here's some plays I made that I was proud of

https://youtu.be/ixh4R_51ka8 https://youtu.be/lLX3HGCQOgY


Comments