The survey

I’m wondering if the survey results will be compared with any other data, such as killer, map and perks?

I feel there are often a lot of factors that go into wether a game felt fair and/or fun aside from player skill.

Certain killers can feel harder or easier to face depending on the map and the tile rng.

As killer it can sometimes feel that even if you are doing everything right, quickly and outplaying the survivors; you can often lose the game based on how fast gens can be completed.

This changes massively depending again on the killer, map and perks. If you’re playing an m1 killer with no chase power or gen defence on a map with lots of safe pallets like The Game; then you can feel the game was unfair even if you felt like the survivor skill was much lower than yours.

For survivor you can loop the killer all game and feel more skilful, but if Leatherface with NoeD wants to tunnel and camp someone out of the game and the map has a lot of deadzones from tile rng, that won’t feel fair despite feeling your skill was higher.

I just wonder if there are other things being compared to the survey results or is it just as simple as it looks on the surface and equating solely player skill with fairness without taking the many other factors during gameplay into account?

Also how are people answering with regards to mismatched survivor skill level?

I get there’s an option to say there was a mismatch, but if you have 2 potatoes and 2 god tier loopers; do you say they were better/worse or the same skill as you, despite no answer really giving an accurate representation?

Comments

  • I'm just putting down that the match was unfun and extremely frustrating if 4 or 5 gens are done but if I stomp with 3 or 4 gens left I'm saying it's extremely fun and fair

  • @Veinslay said:

    I'm just putting down that the match was unfun and extremely frustrating if 4 or 5 gens are done but if I stomp with 3 or 4 gens left I'm saying it's extremely fun and fair

    How dare survivors do gens, I agree.

    they should just learn to stand still

  • @DarKStaR350z said:

    I’m wondering if the survey results will be compared with any other data, such as killer, map and perks?

    I feel there are often a lot of factors that go into wether a game felt fair and/or fun aside from player skill.

    Certain killers can feel harder or easier to face depending on the map and the tile rng.

    As killer it can sometimes feel that even if you are doing everything right, quickly and outplaying the survivors; you can often lose the game based on how fast gens can be completed.

    This changes massively depending again on the killer, map and perks. If you’re playing an m1 killer with no chase power or gen defence on a map with lots of safe pallets like The Game; then you can feel the game was unfair even if you felt like the survivor skill was much lower than yours.

    For survivor you can loop the killer all game and feel more skilful, but if Leatherface with NoeD wants to tunnel and camp someone out of the game and the map has a lot of deadzones from tile rng, that won’t feel fair despite feeling your skill was higher.

    I just wonder if there are other things being compared to the survey results or is it just as simple as it looks on the surface and equating solely player skill with fairness without taking the many other factors during gameplay into account?

    Also how are people answering with regards to mismatched survivor skill level?

    I get there’s an option to say there was a mismatch, but if you have 2 potatoes and 2 god tier loopers; do you say they were better/worse or the same skill as you, despite no answer really giving an accurate representation?

    Yeah, it's a tough one. Did mine from the survivor POV, as I'm...mostly okay with killer these days, at least the higher tier ones.

    What I don't think people really understand about this game is how the RNG determines so, so much. I'm not just talking about the map - I'm talking about the perks and addons the survivors choose against what killer and perks/addons the killer chooses.

    If I'm in a solo queue game with a bunch of people memeing around, with no items and get thrown up against a fully stacked triple blink Nurse, I'm going to get stomped.

    However, if I'm in an SWF with a bunch of people running stacked perks and addons and get put up against a Padded Jaws Trapper, we're going to roll them.