Buff to the Hexed status effect

Survivors who cleanse hex totems become hexed for the remainder of the trial and cannot escape through the exit gates as long as any non-hexed survivors still remain in the trial.

Comments

  • I don't think this should be a basekit thing but

    It's a neat idea for a new endgame totem like NOED though. Like imagine if there was a hex that lit up when all gens got done and it had some kind of effect on the exit gates/exit gate area.

    Or, here's a random idea

    'Survivors who are dead on hook cannot leave the trial while the hex is up'

    Would b cool

  • @Brokenbones said:

    I don't think this should be a basekit thing but

    It's a neat idea for a new endgame totem like NOED though. Like imagine if there was a hex that lit up when all gens got done and it had some kind of effect on the exit gates/exit gate area.

    Or, here's a random idea

    'Survivors who are dead on hook cannot leave the trial while the hex is up'

    Would b cool

    hex:blood warden is something I've always wondered for how effective it would be for blood warden to be hex totem.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2978594#Comment_2978594

    hex:blood warden is something I've always wondered for how effective it would be for blood warden to be hex totem.

    Honestly another endgame hex perk would be cool too see since most of the ones we've got recently (While not terrible by any means) were more focused around either totem defence or were unique spins on the totem mechanic itself like rekindling or plaything

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2978599#Comment_2978599

    Honestly another endgame hex perk would be cool too see since most of the ones we've got recently (While not terrible by any means) were more focused around either totem defence or were unique spins on the totem mechanic itself like rekindling or plaything

    main issue is that killer could bodyblock the totem similar to afk pig, so maybe it would need to work more like those green/purple glyph in archives where you need find glyph to escape. at the same time, i can't help thinking of it just being noed 2.0.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    I don't think this should be a basekit thing but

    It's a neat idea for a new endgame totem like NOED though. Like imagine if there was a hex that lit up when all gens got done and it had some kind of effect on the exit gates/exit gate area.

    Or, here's a random idea

    'Survivors who are dead on hook cannot leave the trial while the hex is up'

    Would b cool

    I was thinking of a similar change to NOED: it applies to a dull totem once all generators hae been completed (no more activating off hatch close!) and the Entity blocks all pallets and windows (not sure about the 1 window in Dead Dawg tho).

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2978594#Comment_2978594

    I was thinking of a similar change to NOED: it applies to a dull totem once all generators hae been completed (no more activating off hatch close!) and the Entity blocks all pallets and windows (not sure about the 1 window in Dead Dawg tho).

    Honestly Claustrophobia (aka Cruel Limits) should do that lol

    I think I suggested that before, when the final gen is done all windows on the map are blocked for a minute or something like that.

  • Make all totems appear dull to survivors. That's what we need.

    Then they have cleanse multiple totems since they don't know which one it is and they'll have to actually see the totem instead of hearing it.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Make all totems appear dull to survivors. That's what we need.

    Then they have cleanse multiple totems since they don't know which one it is and they'll have to actually see the totem instead of hearing it.

    Yes! I've been suggesting this as a buff to the weak Blindness status effect for years...

    Even gives Third Seal a decent buff since it's very likely to protect itself for just a little bit longer. Though I think Third Seal should be buffed to only be cleanseable by those affected by it.

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2978625#Comment_2978625

    Yes! I've been suggesting this as a buff to the weak Blindness status effect for years...

    Even gives Third Seal a decent buff since it's very likely to protect itself for just a little bit longer. Though I think Third Seal should be buffed to only be cleanseable by those affected by it.

    It's probably the easiest and quickest thing to implement that would fix totem spawns for hexes without actually improving their spawns.

  • Gosh, that would feel so awful when I'm trying to tell my non-hexed survivor teammates to please leave and they're not getting it XD

    I've seen this idea for a hex totem rework before and I think it isn't the worst thing, but I don't think it would be the best option either. I still feel like survivors can get around this by either designating one person as the person who takes all the hex affects or just not touching them if your hex totems aren't bad enough to avoid. There are some problem interactions though with some hexes where it can be confusing with what gets done. Not too difficult to work around, but definitely makes the perk a little more complicated to newer players (third seal, devour)