Freddy Question
When you are channeling do all the gens spew blood? I see a lot of streamers start the teleport but then they cancel it. Is this to scare people off gens? I know of the add on that all gens spew blood but you can't cancel the teleport. Do all gens spew blood in his base kit? if not why do people fake the teleport?
Comments
they do not all spew blood by base, just on the off chance there may be someone on the gen they're faking they can push them off to scare em and waste a couple seconds.
Oh, wait, seriously? That is an add on? I rarely play against him, but the one time I did, I was impressed that it applied to all gens because I thought it only applied to one. I guess I need to reunlearn that. Lol.
Just the one you are teleporting to gets the blood effect. Faking a teleport is useful when you are running Dead man's switch. You can see the locked Gen aura if they leave it. If you don't see the aura, then you can actually finish teleporting and catch them, which tends to happen after a couple of fakes.
Assuming of course you have knowledge of what gens are being worked on, like with BBQ.
Only the target gen spews blood as long as he is casting the teleport, without the Class Photo add-on you mentioned. Yes, it is in hopes a survivor (or multiple survivors) is working on the gen, and stops repairs and/or fails a skill check due to Freddy possibly teleporting to it. It acts as a possible slowdown and/or information tool that way.
Normally, only the generator freddy aimed at will spew blood. Charging your projection to 99% and then canceling it is a common tactic to scare survivors off gens for a couple seconds at a time which can add up (and could potentially result in a missed skillcheck).
The cooldown after faking is only 10 seconds as opposed to 45, so it's a fairly useful tactic that can be performed often. It also doesn't slow down freddy at all so there's basically no downside to doing it.
The Class Photo addon removes the faking ability, but will cause all gens to spew blood and removes the husk (as in, survivors will not see freddy's projection at all until he is actually there).
If I am busy with someone and suspect someone is on a gen I'll fake the teleport while I chase. Sometimes you do it a couple times and they'll assume you're faking it again and you can appear right on top of them.