VOICE ACTING FOR ARCHIVES!
STory telling
I am currently really enjoying "The Importance of Being King" story in the newest Tome, Tome: Devotion. It's very interesting, and I'm starting to see themes that clearly relate to David's sexuality reveal. Listening to it I wish I could really get to know these characters more if I heard David's and Rik's voices as they were speaking, rather than just the archive people doing an impression of them.
Drawbacks
Yeah yeah, I know that the archives are supposed to be the archive man (whose missing) reading out the stories to us, but I feel like we can sorta look past that for a better storytelling experience
Other suggestions
I would also like to throw in another suggestion for the archive lore. Now I'm not sure how big BHVR's animation team is that works on the intro cinematics and such is, but I do think it would be interesting to see the end clips fully animated and telling a much more detailed and action-filled story than the animation we have now, and I really do enjoy watching the videos, I just enjoy fidelity and hearing these characters more than ever. For the most part, all these characters have been silent and all you really hear from them is grunts or moans, but hearing voice lines from Ji Woon and Pinhead, has gotten me excited to hear more voices and lines from killers and survivors, it sounds really fun to me. Let me know what you all think
Comments
I do like that they're slowly improving each Tome, the originals were a little bit lifeless.
Unrelated but also, people making YTPs and sentence-mixing the Archives narrator is an untapped goldmine of memes.
you're devious...