Killer Mains- Would You Be Ok w/SWF’s Being Removed?
We know they’re the bane of your existence. They make games not fun. Would you prefer to not deal with them if it means longer Que times but more chill games with solo Que players?
Some argue removing SWF’s would kill the game. Personally I think the game will be fine and thrive long term. What do you killer mains think? Would you rather take that chance of the game “dying” for more fairer games, if it means you don’t have to deal with the headaches of SWF’s anymore? The four DH’s, DS’, and flashlights with the clickety clicks and teabags? Would it be worth it to role the dice?
They could still play KWF- they just need to find a fifth. Then the 5 of them could take turns playing killer, abiding by the unwritten entitled rules, then see for themselves how unrealistic having fun as a killer is when dealing with a SWF. They’ll see what it was like to be in your shoes. Wouldn’t that be nice?
So the devs plans are to “bring solo Que survivors to the level of SWF’s.” Is that what you guys want? Are you really going to find SWF’s 1.5 in the form of buffed solo Ques fun?
Comments
Adding a swf queue would be nice
No, I'd rather an option it incentive. Sure you get toxic swfs, but sometimes you get swfs who are there to have fun running some of the most unique builds I've ever seen
This game is so old that you cannot avoid going up against competent survivors on teams or not. Newbies are far and few between. They hardly even need to communicate to destroy as they have game knowledge.
I know SWF is very important to this game and will never go away, but I do wish the end game score screen made it clear who was in a team together. I would feel better knowing an SWF was destroyed or having the knowledge that I was beaten by one.
No.
SWF CAN make the game unfun, but they aren't always unfun. The game would most definitely suffer if people couldn't play with their friends as when the game launched you couldn't play with your friends without basically sniping your way into their lobby. That actively made queue times pretty bad for everyone and then people didn't play for as long per session. Like it or not SWF is a major reason this game has had staying power. The game isn't necessarily balanced around the level of potential communication though so it can really hammer a lot of killers best features if they rely on stealth, but there isn't much to be done about it. As for bringing SoloQ up to the level of SWF that's one of those things that sounds good on paper, but will at most maintain the status quo as most SoloQ buffs will be just as effective on SWFs.
There is a persistent myth that swfs weren't intended from the beginning which is patently false. SWFs on comms were always intended to be part of the game, they just didn't quite have the swf system set up right at launch. But it was in place very shortly thereafter, the devs use it themselves all the time, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with having it in the game.
The only issue with swfs is the balance gap between solo survivors and swf survivors which the devs have acknowledged is something they agree is a problem and want to find a way to bridge that gap. Very few people actually argue for swfs to be removed from the game, but there are a lot of people who are behind balance tweaks to smooth the difference between solo and swf players.
I don't really care as I only play survivor solo. Swf literally negates many aspects of solo play, which regardless of the player's skill, should have been addressed by now. Fix it, remove it, or make a separate mode. As it stands the unchecked benefits are a turnoff for a lot of (Not all) killers and survivors.
There was a time, quite some time ago, when SWF could not be run due to errors.
I remember that the matchmaking at that time was mutually comfortable and enjoyable.
In other words, the game environment would be better if SWF was gone... I think that it is a good idea.
A lot of people think the game will die, but looking at the current Steam chart, I don't see any problem.
If it would die due to population decline, it is already dead.