Great Job Behaviour (no sarcasm)

First I wanna say how great the visual and performance improvements to the game are. The game looks and runs better than ever before. All the maps have a fresh polish and feel to them. Seriously loving it! I was usually averaging 40 or so fps ultra settings on a decent pc. Now im staying around the 60 mark constantly. I really hope these improvements come to PS4 too as I just bought the game on the system 2 days ago. And apart from the FPS on the PS4 the game is almost identical to the PC version.

Here's a full unedited round I did a few hours ago against the new killer (For any console users eager to see what Im talking about).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XA1IPgwvlw&feature=youtu.be

Second I wanna kindly thank you for bringing back some of the hide and seek element to the game. It was needed! Locker auras being hidden is a fine balance for both sides. There was nothing worse than being the last person alive and not having enough time to get close enough to the killer to stop your aura from being shown (B&C of course being the culprit. Of which 90% of killers use).

Loving the PTB so far! Seriously loving the fresh look and feel to the game also. Keep up the great work Behaviour! Fingers crossed for a Steam award.

Comments

  • Good to read the positive feedbacks after going through a chain of repetitive and complaining posts. I wish, I could test it out too, unfortunately I play on console now. I'm sure most of us console players wish the same. But I'm having fun watching others play. I can't wait for the chapter to release to check it out myself. 
  • @Khalednazari I fully agree with you. I understand the complaints that come with changing favourite perks etc. But it makes the game fresh having to adapt to all the new perks, changes and killers. I been with the game since launch day. The game has come a long way since then. And only through the dedication of the devs. We need to show them some much needed love :D

    As I said earlier I just picked up the PS4 version 2 days ago and loving starting the whole process again (im a freak). I was expecting the graphic quality to be really bad but I was actually shocked at how good the game looks on the base PS4. The only issue is the FPS in my opinion. Id rather it stick to a solid 30 as it alters below a lot.

    Apart from an FPS boost and these pre release betas you arent missing anything :) Thanks for the reply! :)

  • Welcome to PS4. It's good fun to start over again. I did it too when I moved from PC to PS4. Something's really addictive about the grind xD

    And yes, I hope the new patch makes the FPS smoother on consoles. 
  • Yeah I'm actually impressed with the new visual update. The game looks more immersive now, really liking it. Especially the swamp maps just look so much better now. And I'm not sure but the Mac Millan maps look a bit brighter now which would be great so Claudettes can't just disappear in bushes quite as effectively. Couldn't tell about performance, but if it does improve the framerate that would be awesome.

  • @ad19970 Yes I definitely noticed how much better Swamp, Mc Millan and Haddonfield looked. Id say every map has been giving little touches. I think its the lighting they improved? Whatever it is, I like it :) But im pretty sure there was a performance boost also. My frames werent fluctuating as much.

  • @MuteNewt said:
    @ad19970 Yes I definitely noticed how much better Swamp, Mc Millan and Haddonfield looked. Id say every map has been giving little touches. I think its the lighting they improved? Whatever it is, I like it :) But im pretty sure there was a performance boost also. My frames werent fluctuating as much.

    Yeah the lighting in particular got improved. Not only, but I think it was the main focus. Which is great. Haven't seen Haddonfield or Red Forest yet with the new visuals, looking forward to that.
    That's great, I had to play the game with medium graphics setting up until now to not get some frustrating framerate problems, but I'll see how it is now on high once the patch is out.

  • @ad19970 Well I hope the patch lets you up your settings to high or ultra :) Definitely loving the new lighting then :D Looking forward to seeing the rest of the maps also :) Thanks for the reply! :)