Perk Grind Reduction

Can we get some numbers on this grind reduction, because I'm not seeing anything to substantiate that's it even a reduction for the casual player.

To be clear this seems to be a prestige only grind reduction, which honestly I've never cared about prestiging, it was a terrible system that reset perks and items, for what 2% increased rarity on discovering things. Again I don't care about a prestige grind reduction I care about a perk grind reduction.

Previously I had to get a character to level 40 to unlock all levels of their teachables. Now let's say I have Felix Level 50 all teachables unlocked. I could work on Steve unlock all levels of Felix's perks. Under the new system what Felix would be Tier 1 or Tier 2, now I have to grind the character I was previously finished with only to get back to the level I was at previously?

What about for perks that I specifically unlocked in the shrines? Is that magically gone because instead of leveling hag I choose to just unlock all her perks with the shrine? I'd hate to see an increase in grind if this is your reduction, thanks for nothing I guess.

So now I get punished for some arbitrary reason like not leveling characters up that I didn't want to? Thanks a lot, thanks for that reduction.

I'll be honest what really keeps me and I assume a lot of people from playing isn't the toxicity, isn't the bugs, it's the grind. The level of grind in this game is beyond ridiculous, and this isn't addressing it. Let me see some hard numbers How many bp/hours would it have taken originally to get a character fully unlocked perk wise vs now?

Comments

  • What? Are you working under the assumption that they would take away the perks that you already have for some reason??

    Also, from what I remember, prestiging won't reset your perks, offerings, items, addons. Unlike what it does currently, which removes everything

  • The reduction is big.

    Maybe someone will actually do the math.

    But what should be easy to understand is - you want Sprint Burst and level Meg for Sprint Burst teachable to Level 40.

    At the moment you would need to level up all 29 survs as long as you get SB in your Blood web.

    After the rework you level Meg to level 50 and prestige - ALL her 3 perks will autmatically be unlocked on ALL other chars.

    I have to say that the reduction seems to become less impactful when you really want to get everything for everyone.

    But it eliminates the rng a lot, because if you want certain perks you can level up this char and know 100% you get these perks immediately after prestiging once for all other chars.

    They also mentioned that if you buy a perk in the shrine it will be unlocked for everyone then which is also huge.