I'll admit that I'm impressed

My number one requested feature for years was the ability to play against bots. Being thrown into the deep end of the pool with a new killer was not fun by any means. For years people would simply say, "just play a kyf match", without realizing that not everyone has friends to do that with. I'm definitely looking forward to this, but it is a shame that it won't come until winter.

The reworked progression system is also long overdue, so I'm glad to see that's happening sooner rather than later. Not to mention an emphasis on reworked perks has definitely peaked my interest. Hopefully the distance from dead hard will finally be removed. That, or don't allow the ability to vault a window or a pallet for half a second after performing the maneuver.

Comments

  • Believe me im glad bots are being added but I was a little disappointed when they said "winter" for a release date

  • @TheArbiter said:

    Believe me im glad bots are being added but I was a little disappointed when they said "winter" for a release date

    Considering this has been at the absolute bottom of their priority list for a very long time (and something they've also previously said they had no plans to do), I'm just glad that it's even on the table at this point.

    Though I'm skeptical we'll actually be seeing KYF Bots this year with all the other things they're talking about implementing.

  • @APoipleTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2957332#Comment_2957332

    Considering this has been at the absolute bottom of their priority list for a very long time (and something they've also previously said they had no plans to do), I'm just glad that it's even on the table at this point.

    Though I'm skeptical we'll actually be seeing KYF Bots this year with all the other things they're talking about implementing.

    Obviously it's just speculation, but I think the thing that forced their hand was seeing all of the asymmetrical games coming out that actually have bot implementation. Perfect example, Evil Dead. That game allows you to play with other bot controlled survivors against a bot controlled demon, and considering everything that's going on in that game, not having bots in DBD seemed rather ridiculous.

  • @TheArbiter said:

    Believe me im glad bots are being added but I was a little disappointed when they said "winter" for a release date

    That was a bummer. The thing I found funny though was in the last Q&A they said bots were all but off the table, and now they've done a complete 180. No doubt all of these asymmetrical games coming out that actually have bots no doubt forced their hand.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'm really excited for bots also. I will play the game so much more when they are added.

    Same. SBMM was bad enough, but not having a way to practice with Killers you've never played with before against sweaty SWF made me turn off the game for months.

  • @APoipleTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2957332#Comment_2957332

    Considering this has been at the absolute bottom of their priority list for a very long time (and something they've also previously said they had no plans to do), I'm just glad that it's even on the table at this point.

    Though I'm skeptical we'll actually be seeing KYF Bots this year with all the other things they're talking about implementing.

    Yeah - they even said no as recently as the last Q&A stream a few months ago. I never expected it to happen; I guess the recent survey changed their minds. Really thrilled to hear this coming - maybe I'll actually be able to practice Nurse.