Option to toggle to generic chase theme

Me again.

Don't post here much, but posted the other day with feedback re: Ghostface's newest chase theme. tl;dr I'm extremely not a fan.

The complaints aren't even remotely close to as loud as they were before the change so while I have definitely seen some folks express disappointment (more on reddit than here), the complaints are a lot quieter than they were before and I guess that means we're probably unlikely to see the chase theme changed at all.

So.... how about an option to use the generic chase theme instead, for any killer, at least from killer POV?

I'd definitely use this option for Ghostface and Legion (chase music is fine, it's just too loud for Legion and drowns out environmental cues).

Comments

  • I made a similar post not too long ago and was told it wouldn't be possible. ๐Ÿ˜’ It's a bummer because I miss the original default music so much, especially with killers I don't like the unique music for.

    @bm33 said:

    Can there be an option as killer/survivor to only hear the original default heartbeat/chase music? While I appreciate all the killers having their own chase music I miss hearing the default heartbeat/chase music.

    It would be nice to have the option to only hear the original heartbeat/chase music especially since some of the killers chase music can be pretty annoying/headache inducing.

    As survivor I miss out on not knowing what killer it is at start of match/until I interact with them because with the music I can figure it out pretty quick where as with the heartbeat without directly seeing/interacting with the killer I would need to either see something on the map that showed the killers power or hear the killer use their power.

    I think lullabies are OK since they are softer and separate from the heartbeat/chase music and only a couple killers have them.


  • @bm33 said:

    I made a similar post not too long ago and was told it wouldn't be possible. ๐Ÿ˜’ It's a bummer because I miss the original default music so much, especially with killers I don't like the unique music for.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/321898/option-to-hear-original-default-chase

    It's odd that it's not possible, but legion addons literally change the chase music.

  • @Synexin said:

    Me again.

    Don't post here much, but posted the other day with feedback re: Ghostface's newest chase theme. tl;dr I'm extremely not a fan.

    The complaints aren't even remotely close to as loud as they were before the change so while I have definitely seen some folks express disappointment (more on reddit than here), the complaints are a lot quieter than they were before and I guess that means we're probably unlikely to see the chase theme changed at all.

    So.... how about an option to use the generic chase theme instead, for any killer, at least from killer POV?

    I'd definitely use this option for Ghostface and Legion (chase music is fine, it's just too loud for Legion and drowns out environmental cues).

    Even better idea,allows to turn off or change the volume of the bloody music if we want to.

  • @Synexin said:

    Me again.

    Don't post here much, but posted the other day with feedback re: Ghostface's newest chase theme. tl;dr I'm extremely not a fan.

    The complaints aren't even remotely close to as loud as they were before the change so while I have definitely seen some folks express disappointment (more on reddit than here), the complaints are a lot quieter than they were before and I guess that means we're probably unlikely to see the chase theme changed at all.

    So.... how about an option to use the generic chase theme instead, for any killer, at least from killer POV?

    I'd definitely use this option for Ghostface and Legion (chase music is fine, it's just too loud for Legion and drowns out environmental cues).

    Clowns chase music is also awful