The Cannibal's chainsaw has a shorter hit cooldown than it should

After successfully hitting a survivor with a chainsaw, the cooldown after it is shorter than what it is supposed to be. This is most noticeable when downing a survivor after using all charges because the cooldown is supposed to be longer the more you use (it effects using less charges too). Yet currently it's as if I was running the brown Vegetable Oil addon (Reduces the Cool-down time of Bubba's Chainsaw by -0.3 seconds) even though I am not. It seems to be just as fast as the addon if not faster.

bubba1.gif

This first gif is what it is supposed to be.

bubba2.gif

This is what it currently is. Both have all charges used yet the second one is faster. It's something you

especially feel if you're familiar with playing Bubba before.

bubba3.gif

And this currently bugged one is using all charges WITH vegetable oil. Reminder that the general cooldown is bugged, so you can use one or two and it's still faster than intended. I downed someone with only one charge plus the addon today and it was stupidly fast.

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • He is supposed to have a short cooldown if you down someone. The long cooldown was a bug that was in the game for over a year and was just recently fixed.

    If you down someone your cooldown is 2 seconds, period, it doesn’t matter how many charges you used. If you don’t, then it’s 1.5, plus 1 extra for every charge consumed.

    In other words, it isn’t bugged now, it was bugged before and now it is correct.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    His cool-down was always supposed to be that short, but it got bugged in Binding of Kin. What you got used to was that bugged version. It has been fixed.

    Yep, and they even mentioned it in the patch notes.

  • Ohhhhh... I was fighting for fix this bug almost 2 years and someone think now it's a bug...

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    He is supposed to have a short cooldown if you down someone. The long cooldown was a bug that was in the game for over a year and was just recently fixed.

    If you down someone your cooldown is 2 seconds, period, it doesn’t matter how many charges you used. If you don’t, then it’s 1.5, plus 1 extra for every charge consumed.

    In other words, it isn’t bugged now, it was bugged before and now it is correct.

    Ah I see, my bad then. I must've gotten used to it with how long it was in the game.

  • @Progical said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2948341#Comment_2948341

    Ah I see, my bad then. I must've gotten used to it with how long it was in the game.

    All good. It was in the game ever since Twins release and just got fixed in this most recent midchapter patch.