Please put on an end-game collapse that caps the match duration at 30 minutes + Other things
Hello,
Yesterday, I had a horrible experience in DBD with two premades being completly emersed in Haddonfield. I got a 2k and 10 hooks after like 4 minutes with 3 gens left. After that, those two players played hide and seek with me for 45 minutes straight (I have a recording of 30 minutes or so).
They just moved between the same 3 tiles, making sure they don't make any noise and they don't trigger AFK crows. I got lucky to see something move in the distance. Blinked there quickly and I found a Meg doing some Urban Evasion. I had to waste almost 1 hour in that match, since after that, I had to hunt for the hatch and camp the 2 gates. This is not fun at all. I looked in every bush, every house, every locker, behind everything. I even started listening and blindly swinging in the house that is pitch black.
They just hid waiting for me to DC. Thankfully, I came back after a long break, being told that DBD was fixed so I had high hopes, just to later find out that NOTHING is fixed.
Now I feel the need to make a post with issues and solutions, since I need to vent.
________________________________
I begin my saying that I am normally a survivor main, but I do play Nurse at least 30-40 times a month. Sometimes the game is not enjoyable and I stop playing killer, since I don't like to sweat profusely to get a mere kill against a 4 stack. Since I said I am a survivor main, to not upset killers, I will write proposals for the survivors first, then killer. But first things first, I will offer feedback and proposals about what pisses of 95%+ of loyal players.
I will skip over the BP grindr and boring map design and killer design. You are already very aware of that and make progress towards that as we speak, as per the latest DBD Q&A Live Stream.
Jumping straight to the juicy stuff.
MMR:
• Problem: The games are too sweaty, even after the MMR changes. They are a bit better, but not that much.
• Solution: Make the game take into account the potency of the perks, the team compositions, the amount of hours played on that role / killer, the potency of the offering, the potency of the item and addons etc. Grade each of them between 1 and 100 and then take that into account when matchmaking, not "Skill". This makes DBD fun and casual, which is what it was designed to be in the first place. If it wasn't designed with the casual player in mind, no heavy RNG would've been put in the game from the start. - Ex. EA Game "Developer" (not gonna say the title).
Grades:
• Problem: Emblems shouldn't be used when a grade system is enabled since it doesn't reflect skill. Emblems just want to represent skill, which they don't.
• Solution: Change the points system to Bloodpoints per category. The more BP gained in a category, the higher the emblem.
•• No Emblem: 0-999 Points
•• Bronze: 1000-2499 Points
•• Silver: 2500-4999 Points
•• Gold: 500-7499 Points
•• Iridescent: 7500-8000 Points
Boons, expecially Boon: Circle of Healing:
• Problem: The survivor is given a huge buff, forcing the killer to go out of their way and snuff it out. Also, COH is offering a huge healing speed, still.
• Solution: No longer affect the survivors' healing actions (give self-care) and speed. Instead, let them passively heal over 40 seconds. The timer is not stopped when active healing takes place by any means. Also, give a certain amount of tokens to each Boon perk. One token is spent when a boon is placed. When the perk has no tokens left, the perk will not be enabled on a boon perk. The boon action will not be possible if no boon perk has any tokens left.
Dead Hard:
• Problem: The dash is useful enough to extend chases. With the invulnerability, the perk is the best one and can survivors can fix their mistakes, while the killer is punished for a great play.
• Solution: Remove the invulnerability aspect of the perk. This will get Dead Hard in line with all other Exhaustion perks.
Easy waste of Sprint Burst, Lithe, Balanced Landing:
• Problem: It is too easy to trigger the exaustion perks that are triggered after a survivor action. You can manage Sprint Burst, but you can't loop too weel with Lithe and Balance Landing is bad if you want to be efficient when looping the basement in badham preschool when the pallet is behind the stairs. This is just an example.
• Solution: Put a function tied to the same button as Dead Hard, to activate the perk and take effect if the condition is met in the next 3 seconds. If not, the perk will not be activated and wasted.
Exhaustion Perks:
• Problem: Exhaustion Perks are used too much and too fast, breaking the balance of the game.
• Solution: Increase the Exhaustion to 70/65/60 seconds. 40 seconds at tier 3 is too fast. Too much DH and Sprint Burst in every game. Also, limit the usage to 1/2/3 times. When all tokens are used, you cannot use that perk again.
Gen Speeds:
• Problem: The gens are either too slow or too fast. There are some survivors that never see who the killer is because they just rush gens and never encounter them. This is a problem that should be fixed for healthy and fun gameplay.
• Solution: Remove the gen speed bonus from Toolboxes, Resilience, Spine Chill. Make Prove Thyself only affect the owner of the perk and lower the penalty by a lower percentage (4/6/8 seems like a good pick). Transform the cooperation penalty in a global penalty. So if 3 survivors work on gens, they are being repaired at a slower rate. This will slow down the gen repair speed for proficient players / efficient players, while not punishing Solo Queue gamers. It will discourage killers from slugging, tunneling and camping.
Toxicity:
• Put a 1 second cooldown between crouching and uncrouching. Cancel the crouching if shift is pressed, and put the crouching action on a 1 second cooldown. Extend this to 10 seconds if the action is performed more than 3 times in 5 seconds. This prevents T-bagging.
• Put the flashlight on a 1 second cooldown between the time the flashlight is no longer lit until the time it can be lit again. Extend this to 10 seconds if the action is performed more than 3 times in 5 seconds. This prevents the annoying flashlight clicks.
• Let players opt in and out of the chat and profanity filter.
• Make DS last 10/15/20 seconds, but not be cancelled at all. The timer is paused in chase and when slugged. The timer will continue until all 20 seconds are spent. This will prevent hard tunneling.
• Make unbreakable let survivors fully recover for the full trial, but remove the 35% recovery speed. This will prevent 4-man slugging at 1 gen remaining when the person had 0 hooks the whole game. I mean, seriously. They deserved the win.
• Prevent bubba from using his power when within 8 meters of a hooked survivor. If he enters with a chain sweep, he enters tandrum. I am sick of camping bubbas.
• Prevent killers from being blinded more than once every 30 seconds. There are certain spots and situations where you cannot get any kills because you get blinded back to back by 4 different people. Especially if the team decides to give you a headache and try to bully you without them doing any gens. Was stuck in a 1-hour match like this. There were always 2 people in lockers, 2 outside of them, always ready for the save. No gens were done for 1 full hour!!!!!!!!! I had to DC....
Killer Perks:
• I think the killer perks should receive a huge overhaul. With the exception with 15-20 perks which I deem balanced and high quality, the rest are useless or too situational.
Survivor Perks:
• Some perks need some new effects, since they are copy+paste from other perks.
Other:
• Please step up your security. That is all I am saying... I think the whole community knows the next 2 chapters, meet at least 1 cheater every day or even have been ddosed and haven't known it due to the fact they don't know how to identify it. Using VPN is not a solution, is a bandaging a fractured leg.
Comments
• Problem: The games are too sweaty, even after the MMR changes. They are a bit better, but not that much.
Games are too sweaty.
I get Claudette's that hide in a corner for 30 minutes and survivors don't do gens for an hour.
Pick one.
• Solution: Make the game take into account the potency of the perks, the team compositions, the amount of hours played on that role / killer, the potency of the offering, the potency of the item and addons etc. Grade each of them between 1 and 100 and then take that into account when matchmaking, not "Skill".
This would only work if your character, perks and add-ons were all locked in the moment you queued.
Troll games don't count... The match where the players hid and did not gens for 40 minutes was because they decided to troll me.
I'm really sorry to hear that you had a bad time.
I agree that there should be some innate 'clock' in a match that limits it to about 21 minutes. I have a strong distaste for matches to even last 14 minutes, let alone over 20.
I salute your creativity for the perks and gameplay issues, I have to respectfully disagree with the philosophy in your approach, though.
My sweaty matches take about 20 minutes normally . I would agree they need to have some auto end matches after a certain time limit. Due to the cheating trolls holding games hostage.
I’ve suggested before that there should be an internal timer where if nobody scores any bloodponts for, say, five minutes then the game either goes into endgame collapse or just ends in a draw. That would address the scenario in the original post where there is an interminable stalemate.