Buff/Feature Addition to Lightborn

Hi guys! I just wanted to make a quick little post regarding lightborn. In its current state, as soon as you find out the killer has lightborn, you will simply just not attempt to blind the killer again. My change to solve this:


Lightborn still appears to the survivor that they are blinding the killer, (as well as rewarding the killer blind bloodpoints) however, the killer will not actually become blinded. This additionally will have an effect on the survivors as the killer will be able to see the survivors aura for 10 seconds without the survivor actually knowing. I feel as if this is just the buff it needs to make it a viable options when you encounter a team with a decent number of flashlights. I feel like it can play a lot of fun mindgames on survivors and overall be a pretty fun/memey perk.


Scenarios where this buff would come into play:


-Survivor blinds at a pallet and tries walking through the killer, the survivor still thinks the killer is blind and will be confused how the killer knew where they were.

-Survivors will continually try to blind the killer when they pick up to get a save, they will simply think they keep mistiming the blind.

Comments

  • Exactly... Lightborn isn't that OP; it just Survivors when love to click ans beam alot; are being very salty for not be able to used their favorite Lightsabers to save their friends or constant burn the Killer's eye sockets everytime they do a animation.

    They are going to scream toxicity when they cannot bully the killer with flashlights.

    Even if Lightborn is reworked or nerf; it just going to make a mediocre perks be much more worthless to run then it was before. If anything, the Survivors just not to accept the fact it is in the game, and need to deal with the fact they cannot relie on flashlights in that situation.

    And if the Devs decides to nerf it; then I also like Iron Will to be nerf as well; while we are at it.

  • I posted this image to let you know that the aura visibility for 10 seconds you suggest already exists.


     Otherwise it is not at all desirable to decrease the Lightborn strength.

     She is viable.

     It's balanced.


     And the toxicity that survivors most often talk about is the camp tunnel slug or bodyBLock in a dead zone.


     I don't see the point of nerfing Iron Will.

     The killer, if he is careful, can look at the ground and see the traces of blood or the red traces when they are visible if he is really struggling.

     Although not all killers do.

     Nerfs should not suppress the will of Killers or Survivors.

  • Hi sorry for the late response! My point was that this feature would now be able to be used effectively as the survivors will believe they are getting the blind. I mentioned this because it would tie the entire perk as a whole into itself, I’m not sure if you missed the actual buff so if you did I recommend reading it again. Thanks!

  • Sounds good.