Mute flashlight sound option

It would be very nice with an option to mute the flashlight sound, and you could choose if you want to mute it for killer, survivor or both with a checkbox for each.

The only way to prevent flashlight macro in a different way would be to have some form of activation cost to the flashlight, I figured 2% of max charge each activation. This has almost nothing to say if you use a couple clicks for a heal, or even to distract the killer, but would drain spamclickers flashlights very quickly. It would also slightly increase the cost of chain blinds, which I feel is fair. But this would affect gameplay, and would not be well received.

I know it's not an important change, but at the very least being able to mute macro flashlights as killer would be a nice quality life change. Plenty of killers find the sound intensely frustrating, and this option wouldn't even be noticed by anyone but the killers themselves. I think we need to make the killer experience less frustrating to bring in more killer players to the game, and this is a good place to start.

This would also be good for people who have medical issues and get migraines and such from macro flashlight sound spam.

If you want to improve accessibility even further, you could make an option to hide the flashlight beam too, I've seen a few people mention that the bright beam being clicked in their face is exhausting. Most of the time you can see a survivor in your field of view when they go for the save anyway so it wouldn't even affect gameplay all that much if you had the option to disable it. Note I'm talking about the actual beam coming out of the flashlight, not the screen effect of being blinded.

Comments