BHVR, you failed.
I know there was a huge wave of a ban, it didn't work. You can give me updated technologies all you like, at the end of the day the only players truly punished for hacking and cheating are the ones who they are doing it against.
I had little time to play yesterday, so maybe got four matches in (two in the evening, two in the morning). Here's how three of them went.
. First match, gens done, exit gates powered and EGC started all within one second flat. I could do nothing but idle there, dumbstruck. Thoughts of, who would do this, what's the point etc etc. At what point was I supposed to hit record? If I shown anything by the time I had a chance to, all you'd see where the closing minute of the EGC. Besides, the EGC had begun and that was less time to wait for the next game instead of the 5 min ban, right? Wrong, I got zero points and both depipped and deranked. Nice.
. Second match, obssession found, downed, and all of a sudden the dying state survivor zips around the map like it's hooked up on Red Bull, the survivor gets themself up, only to be downed again and continue zipping around the map. A hundred flashlights all with added blindness duration, counted over a full minute. Exit gates powered, corpse zips out and removes the other players from the game. Zero points and depipped.
.Third match, hacker killer, picks everyone up and puts them outside the map. Puts us back in, we get on a gen he picks us off it and hooks us, even if he's across the other side of the map. Zero points, survivor depipped and deranked.
Your in-game reporting system is broken and appears to do nothing. The fact we HAVE to record, and go through the whole palava of identifying the individual(s) to BHVR is broken with no indication anything is being done.
The fact that we get punished for DC'ing in those circumstances is also broken.
The fact that we get punished for not getting a gen and dying or not getting in to one chase and losing the match. That's broken.
There's a pirating website that has the Ultimate Edition of DBD and yes, they can play online with an Epic Games work-around. That's broken.
Easy Anti-cheat is broken. I have physically received a ban from them for cheating when I did no such thing, and haven't ever.
BHVR, you failed.
Comments
You don't understand how this works. They've succeeded removing a lot of cheaters. Blocking them all forever isn't something that's likely to happen.
At some point they'll have validation about typical cheater tells on the side of the server and they'll be able to get more of them. (Maybe they already have such mechanism and are silently amassing data about them)
Also, you need to contact EAC about your ban (note : usually ban posts are locked)
@drsoontm I said there was no indication of anything being done. As cheaters and hackers are still here, ruining it for the rest of us as strong as ever. The WAY they're going about it is a failure. Calling something an impossibility just because it hasn't happened yet is a bit previous. Also, the fact that Piraters can also get away with having for free what I paid for and playing with all of us on the same servers is broken. No other online game allows piracy to join the real servers, except DbD. All pirated games online are dedicated servers specifically for the people who have a cracked version of the game.
Either way, of this game had actual anti cheat this crap wouldn't happen as often.
So you don't know about the ban wave?
I'm calling that an impossibility because it is. It can be dampened but that's all.
You have a very peculiar perception of all this. I'm in no mood to dismantle and explain everything so I'll go away now.
@drsoontm The first line of my post literally says I know about the ban. It's flavbergasting to me that I'm getting tedious flippance from you when you've clearly missed the point. Read, dude.
I'm in the opposite I have seen less subtle cheaters when I used to see them frequently in my killer matches(the cheaters having boilover when they haven't had it equipped and it appearing they can see me through walls so I could never mind game them)
It may of not stopped the blatant cheaters(because they took advantage of the egs sale) but it scared/banned most of the subtle cheaters as those types of cheaters tended to use their main account and only have a few separate accounts
I know there was a huge wave of a ban <-> I said there was no indication of anything being done.
See why I can't take you seriously? If you want to rant, rant.
They really need to put a feature to stop getting replies from a pointless thread.