Rate limiting to "lagswitch" apparently okay.
Just went against somebody who I thought was from another continent, hitting everybody through pallets, windows and from very far. Then I found out by looking at their profile they're from the same state as I am, which also happens to be where the host server for my region is located. Now, this could've been a separate case of bad connection because it is raining pretty heavily in some areas here and internet gets affected sometimes. But looking at their comments I found out everybody who faces them complains about their ping.
Upon confronting them about this, they didn't even try to hide it. They told me they do limit their bandwidth, and that people have reported them for that before, which cleary does nothing as the oldest comment I could find complaining about their lag was from 8 months ago. I opened my ticket and reported them ingame, but how come they've managed to do this for so long? I understand the devs not cracking down on this immediately as it's difficult to detect these trends and it's not common for people to do this, but it's been 8 months.
Comments
Reports don't do anything unless you also record the match and send video evidence in a separate report made to BHVR's official website. It doesn't matter if 10 people report them per day for lag switching; until someone takes it up with their support website (which I assume most DBD players don't even know is a thing, much less a necessary one), nothing's going to happen.
It's the main reason why DBD cheaters are so confident about being open about their cheats. A chat record of them admitting to cheating isn't enough to ban them in these parts.
See this topic: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303696/busting-some-hit-registration-myths/p1