Are Flashlights Bugged RN?

I've played survivor several times. There are moments where I would clearly blind the killer, even get the score event, the flash, and the sound notification.

But as both killer and survivor, despite all this, I haven't been getting any saves. And these are green level flashlights, not crappy brown or yellow ones.

Comments

  • Well, it’s a good thing they’re not brown flashlights.. considering there’s no such item!

  • @Rezblaze said:

    I've played survivor several times. There are moments where I would clearly blind the killer, even get the score event, the flash, and the sound notification.

    But as both killer and survivor, despite all this, I haven't been getting any saves. And these are green level flashlights, not crappy brown or yellow ones.

    I think there is a window where if you try to blind the killer too early whilst they are picking up it doesn’t work, or so I’ve seen streamers wait it out a little anyway.

    Other than that could be lightborn

  • Flashlights are all about timing, what's happening is that you're blinding them too early. The thing I do know about flashlights though is that right now they're a little weird because a lot of streamers have said that the timing feels a little off. This is due to latency between survivor and killer. I would just look up a guide on youtube to see the timing. It's a small window so it takes time to practice.

  • Just because you blind them does not mean you get the save.


    You want to start the flashlight after the grunt, when the survivor goes up past the Killer's knee (or appropriate animation).


    If you start too early, you get the blind but at the time of the blind the Survivor was not out of the pickup animation yet.