This is the exact reason why the entire foundation of Dbd must be reworked:

https://youtu.be/2kCWtRRVfx0

This is pretty much the reason in an entire video.

Look at HOW MUCH you have to camp with Huntress, what happens if you don't have gens slowdown perks!

Comments

  • Btw watch the entire video, this is not one of those videos with nothing more to add, this is a VERY WELL done and explanatory video if you listen to what he says.

  • The video maker is wrong on one of the very first points he makes - there is not a "huge pool of players" above the 1700 point cap. Peanits specifically said when they made this change that there are "very, very few" players in that 1700+ range, as in maybe a few percent of players are that high if that. Whoever made the video is seriously overestimating how many players are impacted by the cap.

    @dugman said:

    One quick question based on the test results that I'm curious about, what percentage of players are at the MMR cap? For reference the devs talked in the article and previously about how the MMR has a built in cap where it treats everybody who is at or above that ceiling as if they were that same rating (e.g. everybody over 1900 is treated as a 1900 for matchmaking). They then go on to say they're lowering that ceiling a bit along with reducing the acceptable range bracket for matches. So for instance, where now it might be everybody at 1900+ can get matched with players down to 1400+, in the new system the cap might be 1700+ being matched down to 1450+, something like that.

    Which all raises the interesting question, what percentage of players are actually at that ceiling? I've always just kind of assumed that the ceiling is set high enough that no more than, say, 10% of players are impacted by it, but that's just speculation on my part, I could certainly be wrong. 🤷‍♂️ So I'm kind of curious what percent of players fall into that "top MMR bracket".


  • @dugman said:

    The video maker is wrong on one of the very first points he makes - there is not a "huge pool of players" above the 1700 point cap. Peanits specifically said when they made this change that there are "very, very few" players in that 1700+ range, as in maybe a few percent of players are that high if that. Whoever made the video is seriously overestimating how many players are impacted by the cap.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/319808/what-percentage-of-players-are-at-the-mmr-cap

    Did peanits refer to the old soft cap of 1900, or to the new one (that is presumably 1700, if not lower) ?

  • I don't know how correct Hens is about MMR numbers, caps and so on but one thing Hens is 100% completely right about - The most 'optimal' playstyles are really boring for both sides. His biggest example of huntress, her most optimal playstyle is securing a kill via camping then snowballing in the 3v1

    I'm not gonna lie, in many of my recent killer matches I've started out trying to play normally but then I've had to adapt my playstyle on the fly and either tunnel someone out or camp a dude on second stage to death. I know it's not fun but sometimes I feel like that's the only way I stand a chance of winning.

    Maybe playing to win is the problem but again, 'playing for fun' as killer usually means a really quick match and a nice tbagging session in the exit gate.

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937202#Comment_2937202

    Did peanits refer to the old soft cap of 1900, or to the new one (that is presumably 1700, if not lower) ?

    Both.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    I don't know how correct Hens is about MMR numbers, caps and so on but one thing Hens is 100% completely right about - The most 'optimal' playstyles are really boring for both sides. His biggest example of huntress, her most optimal playstyle is securing a kill via camping then snowballing in the 3v1

    I'm not gonna lie, in many of my recent killer matches I've started out trying to play normally but then I've had to adapt my playstyle on the fly and either tunnel someone out or camp a dude on second stage to death. I know it's not fun but sometimes I feel like that's the only way I stand a chance of winning.

    Maybe playing to win is the problem but again, 'playing for fun' as killer usually means a really quick match and a nice tbagging session in the exit gate.

    Suggestion: as a Pinhead main, try him with Corrupt, Dead man's switch, Thrilling, and another perk (forced penance, hoarder, others), add-ons: Larry's remains and Slice of Frank. You find the lament at the start, do some hits, then go for who has the lament configuration predicting where it spawned, and then once you downed them with it you block all gens with Thrilling and then with DMS. It's literally the best anti tunneling build in the entire game.

  • If the soft cap is 1700, and the max range of extention is now 200 or something (maybe 250 9r 350), that is a pretty big pool of players. Not huge, but quite big.

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2937228#Comment_2937228

    If the soft cap is 1700, and the max range of extention is now 200 or something (maybe 250 9r 350), that is a pretty big pool of players. Not huge, but quite big.

    No, there is not a big pool of players who are over 1700 MMR, Peanits already confirmed that. It’s a few percent at most.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2938395#Comment_2938395

    No, there is not a big pool of players who are over 1700 MMR, Peanits already confirmed that. It’s a few percent at most.

    Not over 1700, but from 1400-1500+

  • I don’t know how many people are in the 1400-1500 range but it’s irrelevant since the point I’m rebutting that the video creator incorrectly said is that, because there is a large number of people in the 1700+ range, there are a lot of people who are being matched as if they were lower MMR than they actually are. Which isn’t the case, there’s very, very few people in the 1700+ range.

  • I completely agree that it's "optimal" builds that encourage boring gameplay on both sides... but I have to disagree with the video when he claims that high MMR is not filled to the brim and overflowing with sweaty players and SWF bully squads.