Minimal requirements to pip?
Does anyone know what you must do to pip from brown ranks to red?
I just can't get out of brown ranks as survivor (killer I don't really try), but everytime I just get trash teammates who do nothing all game or I get one team who just stomps the killer and after one game of that, I just can't pip or just safety pip.
I play as a "good" teammate, save when I safely can, do gens, do bones when needed etc. I just can't get any higher than brown every rank reset...
EDIT: I don't care THAT much about pips, but sometimes it gets quite annoying when you almost hit silver and you get trash teammates or killers who tunnel (is a fair strategy) the first person out. And then it sucks to be that guy who is found first.
Comments
3 safe unhooks guarantees Iridescent Altruism. Or 2 safe unhooks and a heal or two.
2.5 gens completed total solo guarantees Iridescent Lightbringer. If multiple people work on the same gen you share the progress, so 2 people doing a gen would count as 0.5 gens completed for each person.
Chaser can be maxed by getting in chase and extra for escaping chase without being hit. Also being in the terror radius.
You can get Iridescent Unbroken by escaping without being downed, but I recommend bringing DS and going for gold instead, which just requires you to escape.
It's absolutely possible to get pips even with bad teammates. If you unhook with BT you can almost always get max Altruism at the very least.
Of course, get better in chase so you don't get tunneled out for being a weak link.
Thanks for your reply.
I didn't know you split the points between survivors working on a gen.
I can hold my own for a bit during chase, but I'm not the very best of the best :(
I agree with this.
I agree, depipping is definitely a source of frustration for many, even if you can't lose grade anymore. It really sucks to be close to a grade but then end up losing your pips, and there's no real need to keep depipping since like you said grade is both hidden and not used in matchmaking.
Its very easy to pip on surv compared to killer. At least imo.
Try to do 1-2 gens, 2 unhooks, 2 chases, 2 heals on someone etc you'll pip don't need to escape.
Killer can literally have a 24,000 pt 10 hook match with 3k and not pip.