Has Anyone Else Encountered This?
Im sure everyone remembers the Breakdown, right? I mean, a year ago it would permanently sabotage a hook, it proved to be a huge issue that a lot of people exploited which ended up ruining the game for many players since they, of course, can not hook survivors and are force to bleed them out, which was painful unfun both sides.
Ive been noticing an abundance of people running Breakdown recently, and at that, I found 2 perma-sabotaged hooks over the past few days (both times I was using Legion). I have no idea what causes it, but normal unhooks with Breakdown do not cause the hooks to be permanently sabotaged as Ive had people unhook in front of me the hooks respawn later in the game, but sometimes Ive had hooks that stay sabotaged for an entire game (lasting 7 minutes at that, plenty of time for the hooks to respawn). It rarely happens, as I mentioned, it only happened twice, so not completely game breaking but more of a minor inconvenience.
Has anyone encountered this yet, or is it just me? Does anyone know a potential cause of it?
Comments
I've used Breakdown/had friends use it semi recently and the hooks didn't stay permanently gone in those games so up until the mid chapter it was fine, maybe it's bugged again
TBF tho 3 minutes in dbd time feels like an eternity so maybe it's just the amount of time they stay gone making it feel super long
I've went against 2 Breakdown users and the Hooks didn't break permanently
I have never seen a permanently sabo’d hook that I didn’t sac a survivor on.
Nope, both games I only got a 1K, but the hooks that were used to sac them were on the complete other side of the map. It happened on Ormand so I can easily tell which areas Ive hooked at.
The 3 minutes from Breakdown feels like a long time when in game.
Were they running sabotage build with toolkits? They could be using protective gloves add-on so you do not get a notification when they sabo the hook. Depending on the location of the hook it may have been they just kept going back to the hook that break down was used on to make it so you couldn't hook anyone over there.
If it happens again you should record the match. Rewatch and check time stamps to make sure hook is still broken after 3 minutes - if hook is still broken post video in bug report section.