I think I got baited...
Okay so you know how there was no Artist changes in the midchapter? And that Artist got a cosmetic that also released with the mid chapter?
Well I bough the Artist cosmetic instantly cos it's crow mom and I've been maining her since she released. The thing is though is that new killers usually get updates in the next-chapters midchapter (so artist should've been changed in this mid chapter).
Tinfoil hat time: Do you think they kept artist nerfs out of the midchapter to sell the cosmetic more, and then nerf her later on?
Maybe I'm just paranoid ever since slinger got gutted out of nowhere, but I wouldn't put it past BHVR to do something like this. It's exactly what happened with old MoM and what is happening to CoH.
Comments
Nah I don't see any real outcry about artist on the forums. I barely even see her ingame too.
DMS is more the problem rather than artist imo, it's the only thing that is broken on her
I doubt they'll nerf Mommy, she's perfect as is.
If they do touch her, it'll probably be an Add-On Pass with a few nerfs to her best Add-Ons and maybe a buff or two to weaker ones.
EDIT: The Artist skin was good but the head was so bad. Artist hasn't received a good head skin in a while
Artist was released what? 5 months ago? She got nerfed right before release, so yeah. Probably time for her to get nerfed again. People complaining about Dead Man's Switch and not understanding how crows work (but being very vocal about their Ls all the same) suggest they're probably going to nerf her long-distance effect.
I wouldn't count PTB buffs/nerfs as actual buffs/nerfs because the Killer didn't get fully released yet.
DMS isn't even that good of a Perk tbh, it only useful on Artist and maybe Nurse/Blight
If they nerf Artist...that would probably be the day I hang up this game for good - because it means that my vision for the game and the devs vision for the game are irreconcilably different.
She's as close to a perfectly balanced killer as any, alongside Plague and Demo.
The only changes I'd make to her would be making her addons a bit less bleh.
DMS is often a psychological perk moreso than a useful regression perk. I've stopped using it as I've found what happens is that it looks like I'm winning, with 5 hooks at 5 gens and suddenly 4 gens pop at the same time.
Well here is a polling of the best killer perks in DBD, so I would say hundreds of people disagree with that.
As do I. There's tons of killers who can activate DMS globally. Onryo, Freddy, Demo, Doctor, Pinhead, etc etc.
Pain Res can do it for every killer as well, and even if the survivors start playing around it by then it might even be too late.
A single pain res DMS is what, 12s from pain res and 45s from DMS. So 57 seconds of slowdown and you don't even have to go out of your way to do it. That's 3 pop goes the weasels of slowdown and you don't even have to stop what you are doing to kick a gen.
Same. The Deathslinger nerf was the last straw for me. I bought him, then his whole deal gets dumpstered without warning or justification. If 'make killers control worse and their powers weaker and less fun to use' is the go-to for any and every situation, I've got better games to play.
Yeah, no.
PR/DMS is painfully easy to counter, Artist is the only Killer that has really good synergy with it.
PR/DMS is 15% slowdown on a single Generator. Gens don't regress while blocked, so you can’t lose any more progress than 15%. Sure, it gets blocked (if you don't play around it that is), but you can get on a different Generator and forget about it until it's Perk icon dissappears
I think the reason her Add-Ons are so "meh" is because her base-kit is already pretty much perfect
And when it's paired with other slowdown perks? I have been doing Corrupt, Deadlock, PR, DMS and I can tell you that if I get an early down it's not uncommon to have 4-5 gens blocked at the same time.
"Painfully easy to counter" when you can play someone like Onryo, teleport across the map to someone's gen, then immediately teleport back?
These forums I swear
Corrupt gets countered by going towards the other side of the Map.
Deadlock gets countered by splitting up.
PR/DMS gets countered by splitting up/letting go off of Generators.
If Sadako teleports to you, activates DMS and leaves, she wasted a TV for nothing and you have 55 seconds of free Gen time
I would be surprised if Artist was nerfed at this juncture. Granted, I have no idea what BHVR's stats say, so I might be surprised... but she doesn't see much play and she's not a hot topic for complaints, either. Her synergy with DMS is an issue when it's just used to camp and stall, but her basekit is perfectly fine.
Yes, those gens are blocked. But here's the thing:
This often creates a 'dam' effect where it looks like you're winning, but all of the gens are at 90% and suddenly go off together.
Hard regression will always beat out blocking.
If the down happens early enough, no you cannot. And I have played the last few ~months~ and have not had a team wait out CI. I know the spawn locations on most maps, and have a good idea of where to go at the start of the game to find people. Solo Q teams are literally never going to do that. If you start a match off strong using that build, you just never lose. Why do you think people are going on 100+ winstreaks using it? Because it's weak?
If you as the killer have someone hooked, you are progressing your objective. You can still be going on chases and destroying the resources of the map. The survivors are not progressing their objective. It's almost the same effect as regression.
...
Okay, who exactly, post SBMM, is doing 100+ win streaks? I really want to see VODs, because the closest I can think of is Otz with 50 wins on Artist, and half of that was during the MMR testing.
I'm not saying that blocking isn't viable - I'm saying it has trade offs.
Maybe we're at different MMRs, because I see people trying to stealth CI constantly, generally SWF groups.
(22) Dead By Daylight Live | 150+ Killer Winstreak - YouTube
There you go. I have no idea what MMR I am at but I probably 3k+ 90% of my games. Generally by following the same strategies as this streamer, who I have watched for years. He has gotten to an 800+ winstreak pre-MMR, without using Nurse Blight or Spirit.
Oh and he also went on a 100+ clown MMR winstreak, for all the people saying clown isn't viable
Isn't that the guy that admitted to deliberately deranking/dropping his MMR between sessions? If I recall it was when he was doing his Demo streaks. I know I run into the occasional obvious smurfer, where it'll be me, 3 other survivors with 60-100 hours and a 4200 hour Nurse.
If you're winning 90% of your games...yeah, I'm curious to know if you have some VODs and/or engage in a bit of deranking.
Uhh you can watch him win every game for 8 hours in a row. Don't make excuses. He says he only plays the game on stream and I am sure if you cared enough you could check the addons between games and verify that (I don't).
And why would I engage in deranking? I'm not a streamer, I have nothing to prove to anyone but myself. I have saved some VODs of me absolutely destroying people, but don't save every match because I have no reason to
You claimed to 3k in 90% of your games, which means you are world class, tourney tier prodigy level, you're deranking or you're massively exaggerating to the point of self parody.
I'll have to scratch around Reddit, because I remember that guy and a bit of drama...maybe a year ago and him saying 'yeah, I derank off stream for more fun games'. I could be mistaken, naturally - but it's either that or he's one of the absolute best players in the world (even Otz and co. who play this game professionally don't get streaks like that).
Not enough people use dennisreep.nl for it to be an accurate take on what's popular.
https://nightlight.gg/ uses data taken from the servers to keep their statistics somewhat more accurate.
I don't think I am exaggerating. I got to high platinum in League which means I am probably better than 90% of video game players. And in a game like DBD, where the matchmaking isn't the greatest, I enjoy a very high winrate even post MMR. I have played one game today, killed everyone at 4 gens left as Demo, and the only comment in the post game was "that was brutal"
And I hate to tell you, big =/= skilled. Otzdarva, Truetalent, etc are nowhere near the best players I have seen. I used to think Monto was the best, and I have beaten him multiple times. Now I realize he was average at best
If its killer related and you like it, definitely and always expect the worst.
Artist is like Hag. Everybody knows she's way overpowered but nobody plays as her and doesn't care so she most likely will never be nerfed aside from maybe a QOL thing here and there.
No, it means you are probably better than 90% of *League of Legends* players.
Also...Otz isn't skilled. Yeah, I think this is getting to the point of silliness.
Do you happen to stream? Very curious to see some of your absolute god tier games.
Neither Artist nor Hag is overpowered
Ok lol.
Can you at least explain why you think they're "op"?
Honestly I doubt they’ll nerf artist. She’s barely played and there’s bigger issues for people to complain about (like nurse, Noed or dead hard for example). She’s probably flown under the devs radar for now
That game is way harder than DBD mechanically, by a long shot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3sgUymyFlcHere you go I just played this, there's some toxic basement camping clown gameplay for you to criticize. Game was over in about 3.5~ minutes I wanna say; looking at the corrupt timer. First chase went super well imo. Survivors probably should have gotten a gen done but it would not have changed the outcome at all. I always hit BT when I am tunnel moring people so they can't locker DS me.
+Endgame chat for the memes. And some spicy -reps on the profile to boot
I don't want to derail this thread but I'll talk about it for one post.
Hag has 0 counter play. The gameplay loop for her is to just walk up to a pallet, the survivor drops it, place a trap or maybe 2, run around the pallet, and then get a hit. There is nothing you can do about it except for leaving the loop but after you've done that a few times there aren't any more resources to use. She is one of 2 killers that can be in multiple places at once, the other killer being Twins. She can potentially be in 10 places at once if she's set the maximum number of traps. She can camp a hook and pressure gens all at the same time while having an extremely oppressing power.
Artist is a similar case because her birds act like traps except they have infinite range. You can just do the same thing hag does but it also has the benefit of being ranged and can pressure any generator on the map. Some content creators have demonstrated that it can be practically impossible to lose using a certain strategy unless you are going against a tournament squad who knows exactly how to counter it. The Dead Man's Switch + Pain Resonance combo is insane and she can stop any generator for 40 seconds anytime she wants, it's ridiculous.
Either way both of those killers are barely used at all so a nerf would bring only criticism and negative attention. People don't really complain about these killers because they are rarely seen so only the average killer mains (which the forums mostly consist of) would complain and as we know killers are very oppressed and deserve to get 4Ks every single game.
The Hag gameplay you mentioned is the most inefficient way to play her. If a Hag is playing like that, you should win the game unless your team doesn't know how to hold M1 on a Generator.
That's why you ShiftW away from Artist, you don't try to loop her, her 1v1 is insane.
Her range is good, but an Artist should not get long range snipes reliably, unless your team is throwing.
PR/DMS' strength is so massively overstated it's not even funny anymore
I'm really not sure what you think this shows.
Yes, hard camping people is an extremely effective strategy, which they didn't respond to correctly. Hopefully that won't be true forever.
Also - wow are you BM. I'm not sure why you insist on both hard camping people at 5 gens and hitting them on hook - I can only imagine what else you did that game. What did you hope to accomplish acting like this besides making people have less fun with the game?
LoL and DbD are difficult in different ways. I'm a lowly Gold in LoL (or was before I stopped playing it a good ways back) but the skill sets aren't really analogous and I'm not sure which I'd call more difficult. I mean...neither of these are Starcraft 2 or anything.
What else was he going to do? 2 out of 3 Survivors were swarming the basement
Yes, they didn't respond correctly either - I'm just saying that camping is what allowed him to end the game that fast, and that being BM on top of it is just being a poor sport. I was more looking for a proper game where I can see exactly what he's doing differently in chase to give him his 90% win rate at high MMR.
PR/DMS is definitely a good build, but it's no stronger than Ruin/Undying or even my new favorite - Plaything/Pentimento/CoB.
Hag...yeah. You get 3 types of Hags - the chaser Hags that tend to lose horribly, the camper Hags that tend to do well and the roaming Hags that spread traps around the map in all sorts of sneaky places - those are the Hags to be scared of.
The BM was was unnecessary, I agree.
I'm just running the usual Playtimento with CI and BBQ for BP on Artist.
It's working surprisingly well and I'm on a 4K streak rn, but not the Otz kind of streak, as I'm using Add-Ons (I wasn't even intending to go on a 4K streak, I just wanted to get some data on Perk usage, kill ratio and stuff like that)
Ok? So you asked me how I win 90%+ of my games (probably more tbh) and I showed you exactly how I win. A survivor going down at 5 gens next to the basement is an opportunity I wasn't giving up.
PLUS, if you pay attention that Cheryl is actually looping a god window but got shut down both by bamboozle and some good bottle tosses. No mercy for that.
And that's also why I find the 4x gen block meta extremely strong. Because I can be ending the matches in minutes via tunneling. Extrapolate that gameplay to someone like Blight or Nurse, who I can play pretty well too.