It's NOT Auto-Aim!!
It's just 'aim dressing' that works in the exact same way that an auto-aim would in all situations where it would hurt you as killer. Personally I love my attack being diverted to a hooked survivor who isn't even on screen, dragged onto objects because the survivor turned a corner, etc. But I'm sure all these issues will be fixed just as soon as grab validation is! In other words, enjoy them as a permanent aspect of the game.
Comments
This is something I have been getting cucked by a lot lately, I don't know if it's a bug but I am absolutely colliding with objects from lunge more often.its gotten to the point I'm gun shy about chasing a survivor to a window from any angle except straight.
Anyone else seeing this?
so its auto aim
This is a legitimate pet peeve of mine, because it's not auto-aim, nor does it work like auto-aim.
It turns your camera if you already got the hit. Auto-aim would turn your actual hitbox to give you a hit that otherwise would've missed. They're different things.
The aim dressing system sucks, for the record, I'm not defending its inclusion in the game, but it legitimately isn't auto-aim.
This has increased since the last patch.