PC - Game Won't Start

After the new patch, the game "Runs" in processes and in steam but refuses to pop up and be visible/playable. I have verified files, restarted, and updated graphics drivers.

Screenshot 2022-04-29 143229.jpg Screenshot 2022-04-29 143353.jpg

I have to force close it every time.

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • If I try to open the game by any other means other than the desktop shortcut or steam, it opens fine but then I get this message:

    Screenshot 2022-04-29 144443.jpg


  • Same problem here. I also tried to reinstall the game, and it worked until I restarted the computer. Now the game won't boot up again. I'm not redownloading over 20 gigs every time I want to play the game.

  • it could be an Easy Anti Cheat issue. Try this:

    Go to your Dead by Daylight game folder. (Steam -> Steamapps -> common -> Dead by Daylight)

    Go to the Easy Anti Cheat folder.

    Run the Setup. exe and press the big blue button that says repair.

  • @Urayxor said:

    it could be an Easy Anti Cheat issue. Try this:

    Go to your Dead by Daylight game folder. (Steam -> Steamapps -> common -> Dead by Daylight)

    Go to the Easy Anti Cheat folder.

    Run the Setup. exe and press the big blue button that says repair.

    Honestly at this point, the one time I got it to load, it was such a chore to play and not fun I just uninstalled the game and it probably will stay that way for a while.