David King being gay is the worst direction for Behaviour

To be clear, Im gay in real life and the collaboration with GaymerX (is that the right name ??) is a disappointement.

David King is nothing representative of the gay community. And doing what JK Rowling did with Dumbledor is just so easy and fake.

I was really excited when Behaviour said they were collaborating with GaymerX to CREATE the first gay character for dbd.

My personal hopes was about a queer character. But I knew Behaviour would not take the risk.

Its more easy to create a gay character who looks straight, but its not representative at all. I know gay with straight look exist, but it doesnt help gay community to be accepted by everyone. It just says its wrong to be queer and its right to be gay but looking straight.

David was the most annoying gay fanfic I saw. And its too easy to recycle this fanfic and make it real.

Even if the character is a gay looking straight I though it would be a new character. I though the collaboration was about creating a whole chapter.

Im just disappointed and I think Behaviour is not supportive as they said they are about queer community.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Kiridus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923636#Comment_2923636

    I think you have simply not been looking at the right games -- probably ones made by developers from countries where femininity amongst men aren't as accepted, because there are plenty of games with characters who are definitely feminine, and have been confirmed as at least bisexual by their devs -- Monster Prom & Camp come to mind.

    I mean, known games.

    But yes they exist... in games nobody knows 🤷‍♂️

  • And you're trolling.

    I'm just another "wrong kind of gay". Sorry so many of us disagree with you, hun

  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923605#Comment_2923605

    Exactly what you think, lets continue to marginalized queer people and only encourage LGBT people that everybody like ! Dont take risk and dont create a male character looking too feminine, gross 🤮

    Not trying to be rude, but to me this just reads as "LGBT people must look a specific way or otherwise they aren't actually LGBT, and anyone that disagrees with me is marginalising LGBT people"

    BHVR are quite progressive as a whole, i doubt they'd make David gay for brownie points and brownie points alone, i'd personally save the outrage for when his tome comes out and more of his story is revealed, doing it the day before we even see the parts that matter, that being the actual story, feels like jumping the shark to me

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923616#Comment_2923616

    Not trying to be rude, but to me this just reads as "LGBT people must look a specific way or otherwise they aren't actually LGBT, and anyone that disagrees with me is marginalising LGBT people"

    BHVR are quite progressive as a whole, i doubt they'd make David gay for brownie points and brownie points alone, i'd personally save the outrage for when his tome comes out and more of his story is revealed, doing it the day before we even see the parts that matter, that being the actual story, feels like jumping the shark to me

    Sorry but I dont want to look like everyone else. And I dont need a rainbow to say Im queer.

    Im just sick of people saying being LGBT is just a sexuality, its a whole culture, its a history. But many people forget that...

  • @Anara said:

    To be clear, Im gay in real life and the collaboration with GaymerX (is that the right name ??) is a disappointement.

    David King is nothing representative of the gay community. And doing what JK Rowling did with Dumbledor is just so easy and fake.

    I was really excited when Behaviour said they were collaborating with GaymerX to CREATE the first gay character for dbd.

    My personal hopes was about a queer character. But I knew Behaviour would not take the risk.

    Its more easy to create a gay character who looks straight, but its not representative at all. I know gay with straight look exist, but it doesnt help gay community to be accepted by everyone. It just says its wrong to be queer and its right to be gay but looking straight.

    David was the most annoying gay fanfic I saw. And its too easy to recycle this fanfic and make it real.

    Even if the character is a gay looking straight I though it would be a new character. I though the collaboration was about creating a whole chapter.

    Im just disappointed and I think Behaviour is not supportive as they said they are about queer community.

    Interesting.

    If you wouldn't mind, could you please explain what it is to 'look straight' as opposed to 'looking gay'?

  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923660#Comment_2923660

    Sorry but I dont want to look like everyone else. And I dont need a rainbow to say Im queer.

    Im just sick of people saying being LGBT is just a sexuality, its a whole culture, its a history. But many people forget that...

    I get that, but you could have definitely made that point in a more rational and calm way

    and do keep in mind, BHVR said that David being gay was the FIRST step, not the ONLY one, so who knows? Maybe a character that represents what you want to be represented will get added in the near future, I'm sure it'll happen eventually

  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923648#Comment_2923648

    I mean, known games.

    But yes they exist... in games nobody knows 🤷‍♂️

    Wow, so now it's just "nobody knows those games, they don't count?" You are really desperate to be right.

    Fine. You want "known games?" I'll give you bloody known games.

    Leo Kliessen from Tekken (AFAB, but very clearly gender non-conforming), Jun Kurosu from Persona 2, Varus from League of Legends and Thanatos & Achilles from Hades -- all characters who aren't masculine manly men men, all from pretty popular games, and all who are either gay, or at least LGBTQ+.

    Edit: This list gets even bigger if you include not overtly masculine bisexual men, by the way.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/320725/david-king-being-gay-is-the-worst-direction-for-behaviour

    Interesting.

    If you wouldn't mind, could you please explain what it is to 'look straight' as opposed to 'looking gay'?

    You know what I mean dont fake to not understand.

    There is only masculine gays represented in video games. The queer culture is forgotten.

    There is only space for heteronormative looking characters in video games. And Im sad.

  • @Anara said:

    To be clear, Im gay in real life and the collaboration with GaymerX (is that the right name ??) is a disappointement.

    David King is nothing representative of the gay community. And doing what JK Rowling did with Dumbledor is just so easy and fake.

    I was really excited when Behaviour said they were collaborating with GaymerX to CREATE the first gay character for dbd.

    My personal hopes was about a queer character. But I knew Behaviour would not take the risk.

    Its more easy to create a gay character who looks straight, but its not representative at all. I know gay with straight look exist, but it doesnt help gay community to be accepted by everyone. It just says its wrong to be queer and its right to be gay but looking straight.

    David was the most annoying gay fanfic I saw. And its too easy to recycle this fanfic and make it real.

    Even if the character is a gay looking straight I though it would be a new character. I though the collaboration was about creating a whole chapter.

    Im just disappointed and I think Behaviour is not supportive as they said they are about queer community.

    boy what.....

  • I'm just surprised at the amount of controversy I've been hearing over something so small. In the words of a certain fish cop from spongebob: "Calm down, son. It's just a picture."

  • @Kiridus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923658#Comment_2923658

    Wow, so now it's just "nobody knows those games, they don't count?" You are really desperate to be right.

    Fine. You want "known games?" I'll give you bloody known games.

    Leo Kliessen from Tekken (AFAB, but very clearly gender non-conforming), Jun Kurosu from Persona 2, Varus from League of Legends and Thanatos & Achilles from Hades -- all characters who aren't masculine manly men men, all from pretty popular games, and all who are either gay, or at least LGBTQ+.

    Its good for those games (I dont play it) but my concerns are about Behaviour saying they are supportive about WHOLE lgbtq community, but guess what ? They are not.

    I made a mistake they only support masculine gay David 🥵🥵🥵🥵

  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923679#Comment_2923679

    You know what I mean dont fake to not understand.

    There is only masculine gays represented in video games. The queer culture is forgotten.

    There is only space for heteronormative looking characters in video games. And Im sad.

    Have you played Final Fantasy 7? Wallmarket couldn't have been gayer.

  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923690#Comment_2923690

    Its good for those games (I dont play it) but my concerns are about Behaviour saying they are supportive about WHOLE lgbtq community, but guess what ? They are not.

    I made a mistake they only support masculine gay David 🥵🥵🥵🥵

    Holy #########, you should have just told me from the start that you were straight up concern-trolling. My mistake for not figuring this out earlier, I guess, but for anyone who does actually believe this ######### -- BHVR is obviously going to make more gay characters, David isn't the end-all-be-all for them.

  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923679#Comment_2923679

    You know what I mean dont fake to not understand.

    There is only masculine gays represented in video games. The queer culture is forgotten.

    There is only space for heteronormative looking characters in video games. And Im sad.

    Surely a gay character looking traditionally masculine is substantially less heteronormative and more 'queer' than if they'd made him effeminate. And if they'd made an effeminate gay character, they would have been lambasted for playing into a stereotype.

    Something tells me this game is rigged.

  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923690#Comment_2923690

    Its good for those games (I dont play it) but my concerns are about Behaviour saying they are supportive about WHOLE lgbtq community, but guess what ? They are not.

    I made a mistake they only support masculine gay David 🥵🥵🥵🥵

    You've given up on being constructive and instead are speaking in absolutes because you didn't get exactly what appeals to you specifically. That's on you. Do better.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923691#Comment_2923691

    Surely a gay character looking traditionally masculine is substantially less heteronormative and more 'queer' than if they'd made him effeminate. And if they'd made an effeminate gay character, they would have been lambasted for playing into a stereotype.

    Something tells me this game is rigged.

    But choosing a masculine male character is a stereotype of heteronormative looking gay guy.

    They are more represented than effeminate gays ! Thats what you dont understand.

    Dont be homophobic and support us idk

  • gonna go up to my gay history teacher next time i have a class with him and screech at him like a banshee because he has a mustache and masculine gay men are over-represented in media compared to feminine men like myself

  • @Kiridus said:

    gonna go up to my gay history teacher next time i have a class with him and screech at him like a banshee because he has a mustache and masculine gay men are over-represented in media compared to feminine men like myself

    Are you trolling me or finally you understand my point ?

  • I'm closing this here as OP doesn't seem to want a discussion, but just an argument.

    I'm sorry you do not feel represented by David, hopefully there will be more characters in the future that will align more with your vision, for now we should be happy a first step has finally been taken.

1 2 ›