strongest killer with the lowest skill ceiling?

for me id say spirit or bubba maybe?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Zachcjjj said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2921058#Comment_2921058

    that's just not even true old spirit was braindead easy and was the 2nd best killer in the game


    You just ignored what Mr_K said. He didn't argue against Spirit being easy or not to play, especially back in the day.

    He just argued that skill ceiling and skill floor are completely different things and what you seemed to be looking floor was the Killer with the lowest skill FLOOR, not ceiling.

    The killer with the lowest skill floor would be the one that can achieve results without much effort put behind it. Like old Spirit, since she could literally stand still and get a hit. Skill ceiling is how much you can do with the character, like the amazing plays with Nurse or Blight or Huntress which require a lot of practice to accomplish.

  • @MrsJukes said:

    I think what you're asking is the strongest killer with the lowest skill FLOOR. The skill ceiling would be how much skill you CAN possibly put into the character, while the skill floor would be the least amount of skill you NEED to put into the character to achieve results.

    That being said, Bubba has quite a low skill floor, but the skill ceiling for him is actually quite high seeing the curves you can do around loops as long as you can cut the corners without bumping and triggering a tantrum.

    To answer your question about the strongest killer with lowest skill ceiling, I'd say Demogorgon. Although not the strongest killer by any means, there is also only so much you can do with his power. As soon as you learn to use his lunge, that's basically about it. It doesn't take too much game sense to use his portals and not that much mechanical skill to use his lunge effectively.

    Now which killer would be the strongest with the lowest skill floor I would actually mention clown. Even though I used Bubba for my example before of having a low skill floor, I think Clown requires much less effort and forwards thinking than Bubba, as long as you aren't flat out on the open. Just throw the tonic at a loop and that gets things done, with very little skill put into it.

    bruh actually stfu i hate when people try to tell me what i mean, bubba has a low skill CEILING and floor

  • Well it used to be Freddy, havent played him post nerf though. I'd say bubba.

  • @Valik said:

    Bubba is a contender, but I think Meyers takes the cake.

    He's macho M1 man, but you have 3 steps to his power:

    1.) Look at people.

    2.) Stop looking at people when you're 99% to Tier 3.

    3.) Look at healthy person just before you hit them.

    You don't have to fake vaults, mind-game, path efficiently, respect pallets, manage heat. Nothing.

    Meyers is, by far, the lowest skill ceiling there is.

    Once you follow the 3 steps which takes all the skill of:

    Being able to look at people

    You basically learned the killer to completion.

    He's Bubba without the AOE insta-down chainsaw, He's Freddy without the TP or dream passives, he's Huntress with 5% Haste and no hatchets.

    He's just an M1 machete man with 3 steps to becoming M1 Machete Man+

    he is lowest skill-floor and lowest skill-ceiling in the game but he is not strongest. bubba does fit the lowest skill-floor though I don't know if he really fits lowest skill-ceiling. He is probably strongest for having lowest skill-floor in comparison to other killers that are strong.

    Almost all killers that are strong have medium-high skill ceiling. that is because even when your an playing an mechanically easy killer, Winning is still difficult against strong survivor players.

  • @Zachcjjj said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2921058#Comment_2921058

    that's just not even true old spirit was braindead easy and was the 2nd best killer in the game

    Reading audio movements is not easy. You might not like playing against spirit but don't let your frustration colour your perspective. There are many prominent excellent streamers/players who would disagree. Yes it was frustrating to play against because you have little to no feedback have limited means to control your scratch marks and have limited tools to fight her. But she required good sensory readings which was often buggy since sound in dbd is always fluctuating. Also was is a key word her new counterplay seems to have hurt her massively if her surprisingly large decline has something to say about it.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2921070#Comment_2921070

    If you run the typical basement build w/ agitation/iron grasp/insidious/noed then yeah you shouldn’t get more than 2.

    Allow me to introduce you to camping bubba with corrupt/deadlock/noed/nwo. Buys you enough time for the gens to not be done by the time you have a kill and you can often end up getting 3 or even 4 with 36 seconds of nwo. Swap corrupt for bamboozle if you want help getting the first down asap.

    (Also I’m not recommending you use this, but I’ve gone against it plenty of times and it’s unfortunately very effective.)

    Pretty cheesy. I guess if the build becomes predominant you can migrate to another gen that's dead locked and tag it as close to done. Its not like the progress is regressing. It shouldn't matter. Seems like a good way to stomp solos but I can imagine some rudimentary communication will make this build kind of bad. "Gen by cowsheds blocked at 80% get it later I'm going to the middle gen" If you 99 a single gen it can effectively be used as the deadlock trigger and just tap it later. No way out might net an average camping bubba 10 seconds. Also camping bubba allows you to throw pallets down because you likely wont need these pallets since the killer isn't pressuring the map. Recklessly throw pallets down, 99 a gen and use it as the deadlock gen for a quick easy finish.

    I can't fix the fact that the game will be boring as all hell but I figure if you show rudimentary counterplay to these killers they will either play something else or leave. Dbd needs a basic ping system tbh but if you go against this again try the 99% a gen deadlock trick and I'm confident the games will go much differently.

  • @Zarathos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2921096#Comment_2921096

    Reading audio movements is not easy. You might not like playing against spirit but don't let your frustration colour your perspective. There are many prominent excellent streamers/players who would disagree. Yes it was frustrating to play against because you have little to no feedback have limited means to control your scratch marks and have limited tools to fight her. But she required good sensory readings which was often buggy since sound in dbd is always fluctuating. Also was is a key word her new counterplay seems to have hurt her massively if her surprisingly large decline has something to say about it.

    i was literally a spirit main for like 3-4 hundred hours back a couple years ago and she was the easiest killer ive ever mained 💀

  • @Zachcjjj said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2921405#Comment_2921405

    bruh actually stfu i hate when people try to tell me what i mean, bubba has a low skill CEILING and floor

    Sorry. I didn't mean to act like I know what you think better than you do. It was never my intention.

    Bubba, indeed, has a low skill floor. However, I do disagree with you about Bubba having a low skill ceiling, as I believe Bubba can be a lot more powerful once you master his movement around loops.

  • @Zachcjjj said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925114#Comment_2925114

    i was literally a spirit main for like 3-4 hundred hours back a couple years ago and she was the easiest killer ive ever mained 💀

    What the hell do you play that has more skill then a killer who losses sight in a game where audio frequently breaks? There no breakdown of the experience no explanation on the ups and downs. Just hur dur she strong I play her no weaknesses. I don't need a ted talk but a simple breakdown of her strengths weaknesses would go someway to legitimize you points.

  • @Zarathos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925541#Comment_2925541

    What the hell do you play that has more skill then a killer who losses sight in a game where audio frequently breaks? There no breakdown of the experience no explanation on the ups and downs. Just hur dur she strong I play her no weaknesses. I don't need a ted talk but a simple breakdown of her strengths weaknesses would go someway to legitimize you points.

    her only weakness is iron will and literally just turn your headphones up and you hear the footsteps anyway and on top of having one of the strongest basekits she had some of the strongest addons in the game by far

1 2 ›