Pinhead should not break his own chains.
Why? There is genuinely no good reason for this punishment for landing a chain successfully. You are forced to detour around the chain and lose time and distance anyways, or go through them and lose the time and distance anyways.
Comments
As the number 1 pinhead main (patent pending) I would love this to be done, but honestly, I am fine without it now. There is always a way to play around it and I'd rather just have it where they respawn without so much delay in every step of the process. I would just be ok with chains respawning instantly and shooting out instantly when broken, would probably be much easier to do as well.
I agree, but his chains also shouldn’t interrupt box solving unless he summons the chain on his own. Those are the two changes I would make to him.
Fun Fact, they don't anymore. The chains that spawn while solving the box comes in 3 waves of 3 with pauses after. If you try solving the box while the active waves are spawning, it will interrupt the box solving but if you wait then solve, it will cease all spawning. When he first released they wouldn't stop spawning making it incredibly hard to solve the box once the chain hunt began.
Now unless you meant you wanted chains to do nothing while solving then I disagree, they have a way to counter it already and it is up to the survivor to avoid getting punished.
Yeah I know they spawn in waves, but that’s not very intuitive at all and isn’t clearly explained anywhere. I have seen countless players ask how they’re supposed to counter it properly and there’s really no good reason for it to work like that when they are actively trying to complete the objective necessary to end the chain hunt.
But I also agree with the OP that him breaking his own chains is silly and should be removed. Although I would be fine with your respawn idea as well.