Perk challenges idea. Would you partake in this?
What are your thoughts if there were daily and/or weekly challenges associated with using specific perks? Maybe either equipping the perk for a certain number of trials, or utilizing the perk effectively (i.e. With A Nurse’s Calling equipped, begin chase with a survivor within 10 seconds of their aura being revealed while healing).
The idea is twofold: promoting perk variety as well as granting additional BP to fight the infamous grind. I know we already have similar challenges in the Rift, but this would be something that could compliment that - and for the times the Rift is closed. Maybe there could be daily challenges for just one perk, and weekly challenges for using three different perks (or even higher tiers if you can do five and seven perk challenges). I think most of us would enjoy seeing and equipping a greater deal of perks in our trials, and this is one way that incentives all players equally - while not requiring it.
Comments
I'd rather just use X perk challenges, this stops the people trying to farm for the challenge and just encourages people to use a different perk in their build.
I'd like it! Just wish we got 1 killer & 1 survivor challenge each day
I was just thinking something similar to this the other day and was going to make post in feedback. I think if they did weekly challenges with different perk load outs and have it be super basic "complete 3 matches with these perks equipped." Having it to be something simple like just completing matches would encourage more to do the challenges because they wouldn't need to worry about getting kills/escapes. It would also avoid people just farming to get challenges done or encouraging bad gameplay like some of the archive challenges. Doing it weekly they can also have the perks be ones related to the ones available in the Shrine.
I don’t see why not. I’ve always wanted weekly challenges of some kind.
I, personally, REALLY like this!
My one issue is, I've been playing the game for over 1,400 hours.
Newer players are going to feel like abject trash if this comes out, because their variety is in the dumpster - and so the pool of perks to challenge new players with is relegated to the sucky ones mostly.
'Play a Killer match with Monstrous Shrine' is going to be the bane of every good-willed killer in the game and train a lot of new players to both hate the perk and camp the basement.
Until the base perks get substantial reworks, I cannot see something like this having a positive effect on newer players.
Well again, the challenges would be optional, so no harm no foul at least giving them the opportunity explore perks and how they feel/function. Others above said they prefer just equipping the perk vs. using it optimally, which is understandable.
And while there are still some pretty bad base/free perks, the general perks are actually really not too terrible at all! Could also make an option for one re-roll like daily rituals!