Will we all have the same rank in the ptb?

I hope we all have the same rank during the ptb soo it's easier to find matches

Comments

  • This needs to be addressed.
    Lock out moris/flashlights and remove rank and i think PTB would be utilised more.

  • @SenzuDuck said:
    This needs to be addressed.
    Lock out moris/flashlights and remove rank and i think PTB would be utilised more.

    why lock out those?
    people want to try the new mori on the new killer and want to practise blinding the new killer

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    @SenzuDuck said:
    This needs to be addressed.
    Lock out moris/flashlights and remove rank and i think PTB would be utilised more.

    why lock out those?
    people want to try the new mori on the new killer and want to practise blinding the new killer

    because even on the PTBs people run killers that aren't the new one and run their most OP builds just to piss people off, leave moris in KYF so people can see it but nuke them for public matches.

    Same goes for flashlights, they're ran to annoy people, the PTB usually ends and within a week/two weeks the dlc comes out, you aren't going to get much practice blinding the new killer in the PTB.

    It just adds unnecessary annoyances when we're supposed to be testing for bugs / imbalances.

  • SenzuDuck said:

    @Thatbrownmonster said:

    @SenzuDuck said:
    This needs to be addressed.
    Lock out moris/flashlights and remove rank and i think PTB would be utilised more.

    why lock out those?
    people want to try the new mori on the new killer and want to practise blinding the new killer

    because even on the PTBs people run killers that aren't the new one and run their most OP builds just to piss people off, leave moris in KYF so people can see it but nuke them for public matches.

    Same goes for flashlights, they're ran to annoy people, the PTB usually ends and within a week/two weeks the dlc comes out, you aren't going to get much practice blinding the new killer in the PTB.

    It just adds unnecessary annoyances when we're supposed to be testing for bugs / imbalances.

    Imbalances include all gameplay mechanics right? Who's to say the new killer perks arent based on flashlights OR Moris? 

    They're gameplay items, and if it's a balance test, all should be able to be tested. Firecrackers? No, they're not actually in the real game anymore.
  • @SenzuDuck said:
    because even on the PTBs people run killers that aren't the new one and run their most OP builds just to piss people off, leave moris in KYF so people can see it but nuke them for public matches.

    Same goes for flashlights, they're ran to annoy people, the PTB usually ends and within a week/two weeks the dlc comes out, you aren't going to get much practice blinding the new killer in the PTB.

    It just adds unnecessary annoyances when we're supposed to be testing for bugs / imbalances.

    Don't forget insta-heals. Its always enjoyable running into players that spam that #########.

    Seriously I just wished they locked that sort of stuff out for public testing.

  • @Carpemortum said:
    Imbalances include all gameplay mechanics right? Who's to say the new killer perks arent based on flashlights OR Moris? 

    They're gameplay items, and if it's a balance test, all should be able to be tested. Firecrackers? No, they're not actually in the real game anymore.

    The problem isn't the mechanics, its how often you come across them during testing. Its absurd.

  • @Carpemortum said:
    Imbalances include all gameplay mechanics right? Who's to say the new killer perks arent based on flashlights OR Moris? 

    They're gameplay items, and if it's a balance test, all should be able to be tested. Firecrackers? No, they're not actually in the real game anymore.

    Flashlights & Moris are the exact same in every match they have absolutely nothing that alters them, if you want to mori people you could run Devour Hope or whatever in the PTB.

    and OBVIOUSLY if moris or flashlights are affected by their perks then don't lock them out, it's not rocket science. They're just unnecessary things that people run so they can be as annoying and harsh as possible in the PTB, which is why PTBs are usually dead within a day because no one likes being morid every match and nobody likes being flashlighted every match.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    @SenzuDuck said:
    because even on the PTBs people run killers that aren't the new one and run their most OP builds just to piss people off, leave moris in KYF so people can see it but nuke them for public matches.

    Same goes for flashlights, they're ran to annoy people, the PTB usually ends and within a week/two weeks the dlc comes out, you aren't going to get much practice blinding the new killer in the PTB.

    It just adds unnecessary annoyances when we're supposed to be testing for bugs / imbalances.

    Don't forget insta-heals. Its always enjoyable running into players that spam that #########.

    Seriously I just wished they locked that sort of stuff out for public testing.

    Honestly wouldn't be surprised is instas are nerfed in this patch tbh.

  • I doubt that you can do that much against PTB trolling. I don't know when but from PTB to next playing regular matches on it became harder and harder. So most people will probably just play KYF, test out the new things and move on to the live build to grind for the new content. And I understand it. Sometimes you even have to grind BP to fully try out builds on different killers or survivors e.g. Back August it took me a couple of days until I was able to try out Spirit Fury on a wraith build e.g. And things might be similar.
    So I understand when people decide to go witht he game mode which allows them to try out everything in a controlled environment and not care about the "ptb ranked" mode. Which gives more space for people who troll, etc. And let's not forget the wait times. Most people will prefer to try out the new killer. So long killer queues...

  • @SenzuDuck said:
    Honestly wouldn't be surprised is instas are nerfed in this patch tbh.

    Unpopular opinion but I the only insta-heal I hate is the syringe. I always thought the styptic one was fine.

  • SenzuDuck said:

    @Carpemortum said:
    Imbalances include all gameplay mechanics right? Who's to say the new killer perks arent based on flashlights OR Moris? 

    They're gameplay items, and if it's a balance test, all should be able to be tested. Firecrackers? No, they're not actually in the real game anymore.

    Flashlights & Moris are the exact same in every match they have absolutely nothing that alters them, if you want to mori people you could run Devour Hope or whatever in the PTB.

    and OBVIOUSLY if moris or flashlights are affected by their perks then don't lock them out, it's not rocket science. They're just unnecessary things that people run so they can be as annoying and harsh as possible in the PTB, which is why PTBs are usually dead within a day because no one likes being morid every match and nobody likes being flashlighted every match.

    Not all killers have the same height or camera/blinding locations. Some like huntress can even hit at range while blinded if you're good.

    To say they should be removed because it's only going to foster BM matches, why not remove them from the entire game....or remove everything from ptb except the new killer and survivor perks? Because people will be toxic if they want to. Flashlights, moris, noed, DS, or whatever the killer/survivor complaint is about being op/toxic.

    Removing those wouldnt end toxicity in the PTB...
  • SenzuDuck said:

    @Mc_Harty said:

    @SenzuDuck said:
    because even on the PTBs people run killers that aren't the new one and run their most OP builds just to piss people off, leave moris in KYF so people can see it but nuke them for public matches.

    Same goes for flashlights, they're ran to annoy people, the PTB usually ends and within a week/two weeks the dlc comes out, you aren't going to get much practice blinding the new killer in the PTB.

    It just adds unnecessary annoyances when we're supposed to be testing for bugs / imbalances.

    Don't forget insta-heals. Its always enjoyable running into players that spam that #########.

    Seriously I just wished they locked that sort of stuff out for public testing.

    Honestly wouldn't be surprised is instas are nerfed in this patch tbh.

    Why would they nerf instant heals when they just nerfed healing time? It is a one time use that depletes the entire medkit...?
  • @Carpemortum said:
    Not all killers have the same height or camera/blinding locations. Some like huntress can even hit at range while blinded if you're good.

    What relevance does this have?
    You point and shoot, it's all about timing, considering all killers have the same pickup time it won't take you very long to figure out how to blind a killer.

    To say they should be removed because it's only going to foster BM matches, why not remove them from the entire game....or remove everything from ptb except the new killer and survivor perks? Because people will be toxic if they want to. Flashlights, moris, noed, DS, or whatever the killer/survivor complaint is about being op/toxic.

    Noed & DS are perks that actually alter gameplay, whereas Mori's just make things faster, without actually changing anything except the amount of hooks it takes to kill, and flashlights only serve (at least in PTB ) to annoy people.

    While in the PTB you can use this stuff as much as you like, where as in the main game it has a limit which is why it's stupid to say "waahhhh if it's bad in ptb it's bad in main game". I honestly don't understand your points.

    Removing those wouldnt end toxicity in the PTB...

    This isn't about "ending toxicity" it's about making the matches on par with what you'd come to expect from the main game, instead of having almost every match being a mori/flashlight fest.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    Why would they nerf instant heals when they just nerfed healing time? It is a one time use that depletes the entire medkit...?

    because the devs literally said they wanted to do away with things that are "instant".

  • SenzuDuck said:


    This isn't about "ending toxicity" it's about making the matches on par with what you'd come to expect from the main game, instead of having almost every match being a mori/flashlight fest.

    So, like, normal games? Which usually have flashlights and moris?
  • SenzuDuck said:

    @Carpemortum said:

    Why would they nerf instant heals when they just nerfed healing time? It is a one time use that depletes the entire medkit...?

    because the devs literally said they wanted to do away with things that are "instant".

    Didnt ask for proof, or source, I asked why would they. They want to get rid of things that are instant, like the flashlight I agree with. But healing, when it depletes the medkit is a tradeoff. You didnt lose your flashlight when youd insta blind did you?
  • @Carpemortum said:
    Didnt ask for proof, or source, I asked why would they. They want to get rid of things that are instant, like the flashlight I agree with. But healing, when it depletes the medkit is a tradeoff. You didnt lose your flashlight when youd insta blind did you?

    Jesus christ, are you literally just trying to argue or what?
    I never said I agree with what they said at all, I simply stated I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

  • @Carpemortum said:
    SenzuDuck said:

    This isn't about "ending toxicity" it's about making the matches on par with what you'd come to expect from the main game, instead of having almost every match being a mori/flashlight fest.

    So, like, normal games? Which usually have flashlights and moris?

    Yea dude, normal games like getting morid 10 out of 10 games, that actually doesn't happen, and like I said, they actually lose the items and moris in the main game but suffer no consequences in the PTB.

  • SenzuDuck said:

    @Carpemortum said:
    Didnt ask for proof, or source, I asked why would they. They want to get rid of things that are instant, like the flashlight I agree with. But healing, when it depletes the medkit is a tradeoff. You didnt lose your flashlight when youd insta blind did you?

    Jesus christ, are you literally just trying to argue or what?
    I never said I agree with what they said at all, I simply stated I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

    Right, and I asked why? You didnt explain why you thought why other than the devs said so once.
  • @Thatbrownmonster said:
    I hope we all have the same rank during the ptb soo it's easier to find matches

    This times infinity.

  • SenzuDuck said:

    @Carpemortum said:
    SenzuDuck said:

    This isn't about "ending toxicity" it's about making the matches on par with what you'd come to expect from the main game, instead of having almost every match being a mori/flashlight fest.

    So, like, normal games? Which usually have flashlights and moris?

    Yea dude, normal games like getting morid 10 out of 10 games, that actually doesn't happen, and like I said, they actually lose the items and moris in the main game but suffer no consequences in the PTB.

    So you're really saying people dont run moris in normal games that often? I see moris AND flashlights all the time. 2/4 survivors carry them. 

    Maybe dont take PTB seriously to where moris bother you? You're not earning or losing a thing there. It's literally to test EVERYTHING with the new killer/survivor.

    Ntm, if the PTB is so toxic, why not just, idk, not play in it and let the people who want to see the moris and flashlights do it? You're not forced to.
  • @Carpemortum said:

    So you're really saying people dont run moris in normal games that often? I see moris AND flashlights all the time. 2/4 survivors carry them. 

    Maybe dont take PTB seriously to where moris bother you? You're not earning or losing a thing there. It's literally to test EVERYTHING with the new killer/survivor.

    Ntm, if the PTB is so toxic, why not just, idk, not play in it and let the people who want to see the moris and flashlights do it? You're not forced to.

    I am 100% not bothered by what happens in PTBs (I never actually said I was) but I'm also not blind enough to see that PTB because impossible to play after a day because the lobbies are dead because no one else wants to be morid 10 games out of 10.

    KYF is there for a reason, go 4 man mori and flashlight your friendos. ez pz

  • SenzuDuck said:

    @Carpemortum said:

    So you're really saying people dont run moris in normal games that often? I see moris AND flashlights all the time. 2/4 survivors carry them. 

    Maybe dont take PTB seriously to where moris bother you? You're not earning or losing a thing there. It's literally to test EVERYTHING with the new killer/survivor.

    Ntm, if the PTB is so toxic, why not just, idk, not play in it and let the people who want to see the moris and flashlights do it? You're not forced to.

    I am 100% not bothered by what happens in PTBs (I never actually said I was) but I'm also not blind enough to see that PTB because impossible to play after a day because the lobbies are dead because no one else wants to be morid 10 games out of 10.

    KYF is there for a reason, go 4 man mori and flashlight your friendos. ez pz

    Except not everyone is on the same system or even on pc? Kyf is there, go play non flashlight non mori games there, where fake rules can be enforced?

    You said it needs to be addressed, to lock out moris and flashlights and it would be utilized more. I disagree as it removes gameplay items and mechanics. In your arguement, you make it out to seem like we cant truly test the new characters because of people using other items deemed toxic or needless. But what about half of the perks, items, abilities. Should we lock out all killers other than the new one? No, bc the ptb has more than just new killer and survivor. It has patch changes too. Which may affect flashlights, moris, or any other number of things that we dont know. So it should be left in, at the very least in case a change bugged them out or made them not work. 

    I also dont believe they're "dead after a day". Nice exaggeration though. 
  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    @SenzuDuck said:
    This needs to be addressed.
    Lock out moris/flashlights and remove rank and i think PTB would be utilised more.

    why lock out those?
    people want to try the new mori on the new killer and want to practise blinding the new killer

    Want to see the mori run rancor or DH.