Control Scheme on Console

Howdy denizens of the Fog!

I feel like I ought to bring up an issue that I feel isn't discussed very often, but really should be: control schemes on console.

When playing, certain actions really chuck over console players in a way PC doesn't suffer. In example, if you drop a pallet and get hit by Pinhead's chain and attempt to remove it, it'll instead suck you over the pallet. This frequently results in a free hit.

Another example, of particular importance to me is healing while under pallets. Very frequently, you'll try to heal them but it'll drop the pallet, or, even worse IMO, you'll try to vault over the pallet repeatedly and it'll suck you over to the healing action *multiple times*. This again frequently results in a free hit.

I feel like BHVR started going the right direction, but further support for setting control settings on controller would go miles towards solving this daunting issue.

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk.

If you need further details/examples, or need recorded footage to show the issue, I'm glad to help out!

Comments

  • As @Bloodshade mentioned, you can rebind the pallet/vault button to separate it from R1. Not sure why that isn't default.

    I'd like to see another 20% or so on the right stick sensitivity too. I switched to mouse and keyboard on survivor for snappier and more fluid movement. It's an advantage against Nurse and Blight or ranged killers.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    This is a problem, as the default control configuration is set to have them assigned to the same button and most people don't change it, but you actually can separate pallet drops/vaults/lockers from other actions. Pallet drops/vaults/lockers are considered "actions" in the settings, while everything else (healing, generators, Pinhead chains, Pig boxes, etc) are considered "interactions". I personally have "actions" on circle and "interactions" (which also includes item pickups) on R1. Very rarely do you find conflicts with those particular actions being on the same button.

    The real problem they need to solve that can't be fixed with player input is how horrendous the stick response curve is.

    E: Oh BHVR...you have a beta tab now for testing that, don't you? ;)

    Interesting! I knew *some* capability for modifying control schemes existed, but I don't know they could help in this instance.

    While this fixes a small number of issues (yay, CJs!), the underlying issue still exists, where you go to vault a window/pallet and get vacuumed over to a locker, or when being hit with chains then forcing you to vault a pallet instead of removing chains. Has BHVR heard these types of issues from other players?