Character's selected but not on rosta!

I'm not talking about stranger things characters.

Once in a while I see a random character selected by survivors that doesn't exist.

Want to know if these are hackers so I can report them?

Comments

  • What do you mean? I are talking about the different skins you can put on characters making them a different characters? Leon-Chris

    Jill-Clair Cheryl- Like a few mil people.


    Is this what you are talking about cause if so no they are not cheating. If you mean that they do not personally own a character to they are using them then sure they are cheating.

  • No different character name and everything. Last one was called James Sunderland I think. Have seen others before too.

    If they have hacked that I have no reason to think they won't hack other parts of the game so will leave lobby.

  • @VirtuaTyKing said:

    No different character name and everything. Last one was called James Sunderland I think. Have seen others before too.

    Ah ok so as I said there are many skins that change the character to someone else James is one of Cheryl's many other skins. No cheating 😁.

  • @DriplordDrew said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2913524#Comment_2913524

    Ah ok so as I said there are many skins that change the character to someone else James is one of Cheryl's many other skins. No cheating 😁.

    OK weird surprised I don't see more of it then.

  • Those are called legendary skins/characters. They are mostly for licensed characters and can only be purchased with auric cells. As they are pretty expensive you won’t see plenty of them.

  • For reference, the ‘Legendary Skins’ are:

    Jonathan Byers

    Lisa Garland

    Cybil Bennett

    James Sunderland

    Claire Redfield

    Chris Redfield


    …and possibly more I’m forgetting

    There’s also a few killer ones, but those aren’t as relevant to your confusion.