People say Doctor needs buffs-

But honestly, how else could you buff his power? He's already got the tracking tools and a good Doctor has the anti-loop tools. So I'm not sure what else could be done.

Comments

  • those people are also rank 20 killers too, doctor needing a buff is like saying freddy is gonna get a buff/rework, never gonna happen

  • I guess i'm not people.

  • those people are also rank 20 killers too, doctor needing a buff is like saying freddy is gonna get a buff/rework, never gonna happen

    I'm still keeping faith that Freddy may see light at the end of the tunnel.
  • @Master

    You were the last person I seen who said Doctor needs buffs.

    What did you have in mind?
  • I'm pretty sure that it's only one guy asking for it. And we know who.
  • I'm pretty sure that it's only one guy asking for it. And we know who.
    While "buff Doctor" discussions aren't as popular these days, I've heard a lot of people saying Doc needs buffs.
  • @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    @Master

    You were the last person I seen who said Doctor needs buffs.

    What did you have in mind?

    Doctor recently got nerfed and cant interup vault animations as before anymore. I would have liked to see a step into the different direction and improve the shocks ability to stop loops.

    But whatever, maybe doc is just supposed to be a noob stomper, not all killers are supposed to be viable at high rank as the devs said....

  • Master said:

    @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    @Master

    You were the last person I seen who said Doctor needs buffs.

    What did you have in mind?

    Doctor recently got nerfed and cant interup vault animations as before anymore. I would have liked to see a step into the different direction and improve the shocks ability to stop loops.

    But whatever, maybe doc is just supposed to be a noob stomper, not all killers are supposed to be viable at high rank as the devs said....

    Wait... Doctor can't prevent vaults anymore?
  • I'd give him a passive moldy electrode effect and 0.5 second shock therapy effect increase.

  • those people are also rank 20 killers too, doctor needing a buff is like saying freddy is gonna get a buff/rework, never gonna happen

    I'm still keeping faith that Freddy may see light at the end of the tunnel.
    Run paint thinner and the green dress add on that makes skill checks appear rarer so you get faster as you sleep them and they have a hard time getting out of it
  • Just make him not rely too much on add-ons somehow. That's really all he (and almost every other Killer) needs.
    The Calm Spirit buff really didn't help him either.
    If you play him right, he is nearly unstoppable. But out of all the Killers, he needs his add-ons the most. Illusionary pallets and the fake red stain are by far my favorites

  • How does his ability prevent loops though? I mean sure there are certain loops where doctors shock therapy can be very helpful, but it's pretty useless at most pallet loops. It's definitely better at window loops, but even then it depends on the loop. The fact that he slows down while charging his shock therapy hurts him.
    I could see him getting a very small buff to his shock therapy to be a little more effective at loops, but nothing huge. Maybe just reduce the slow down while charging his shock therapy and/or simply increasing the base range of his shock therapy, since right now it's pretty bad.
    In fact, maybe just increasing the base range of the shock therapy would be the best buff. Then they could adjust his add ons that increase the range further and get rid of the charge time increase of those add ons.

  • those people are also rank 20 killers too, doctor needing a buff is like saying freddy is gonna get a buff/rework, never gonna happen

    I'm still keeping faith that Freddy may see light at the end of the tunnel.
    Run paint thinner and the green dress add on that makes skill checks appear rarer so you get faster as you sleep them and they have a hard time getting out of it
    Paint thinner doesn't increase speed. It's just that when you put someone to sleep you gain a small slowdown, prototype claw reduces that by a little and paint thinner completly negates it
  • I think he should get a buff to his movement speed while charging his shock (make his speed at least 100%), the Moldy Electrode’s shock range increase should be part of his base kit, and his shock delay should be decreased (you can currently see the AoE of his shock right before it hits) or revert the nerf to his vault animation interrupting. 
  • ad19970 said:

    How does his ability prevent loops though? I mean sure there are certain loops where doctors shock therapy can be very helpful, but it's pretty useless at most pallet loops. It's definitely better at window loops, but even then it depends on the loop. The fact that he slows down while charging his shock therapy hurts him.
    I could see him getting a very small buff to his shock therapy to be a little more effective at loops, but nothing huge. Maybe just reduce the slow down while charging his shock therapy and/or simply increasing the base range of his shock therapy, since right now it's pretty bad.
    In fact, maybe just increasing the base range of the shock therapy would be the best buff. Then they could adjust his add ons that increase the range further and get rid of the charge time increase of those add ons.

    You have to time the shock properly in order to prevent them from being able to throw down the pallet. Its doable, just difficult.

    @SnakeSound222 suggested a decrease in the delay of the shock therapy. You seee the AoE but it takes a second for it to register and affect the survivor. This would significantly help Doctor counter loops.
  • The Doctor is easily the most overrated killer in Dead by Daylight. He has no map presence, no way to down survivors faster, no way to deal with looping. Defeating the Doctor really only comes from understanding how he works, what his addons do, what his shock can and cannot do. New players struggle against him because they don't know how he works and because he's annoying, and that's why you see so much complaints against him. But, against survivors that know how to exploit the living hell from what the devs (either willingly or unwillingly) gave to them, he's just a M1 killer with a ginormus terror radius and who can't do jack ######### in most circumstances. Whereas other killers always have at least one of the three abilities I listed at the beginning of this post. and I'm not even necessarily referring to the Nurse and the Hillbilly. The Doctor has very few things going for him, he's in trash tier along with the Wraith, the Spirit and Freddy, because he's power does practically nothing against survivors, aside from raising a stat that they can cleanse on their own with no problem and no fear. And you know what the worst thing is? He will never receive the rework he needs to be a decent killer. Because of how good he is at killing scrubs.