Any more news on console optimisation?

I know all talk is on new killer etc, but I was wondering if there has been any more news on what/when console optimisations will be occurring. Will be nice to have some smoother steadier fps and better graphics

Comments

  • we need fix drop FPS on console! 60FPS ;-)

  • I think it's meant to come out in December.

  • It's not like its a AAA game, what makes it so laggy?

  • @Incurable_BOFA said:
    It's not like its a AAA game, what makes it so laggy?

    well, several things hapening at once can cause the fps drops (found this out because I entered a chase with 3 claudettes, or found survivor and I had no idea what the hell was happening)

  • I hope so. Whenever I play a long hair survivor (since I play Kate), my FPS drops to like two in three or four seconds.
  • Will the optimisations come out same time as new killer? Do we have a clue yet what optimisations are or it is still very broad interpretation? 
  • Not heard anymore on this post, so in case anyone else has any info, is console optimisation going out same time as release of chapter 10?
  • It will probably come simultaneously, yes. I don't think the updated engine is a coincidence.

  • @Incurable_BOFA said:
    It's not like its a AAA game, what makes it so laggy?

    A combination of poor optimisation on console updates with hardware and game engine issues. The update to the game engine should in theory offer improvement to fps and performance. Saying this, whether a AAA title or not, optimisation should never take as long as this has.

  • I can confirm that the ptb runs with higher fps on my potato laptop. So u can expect the same on console I guess 
  • Just be patient. Within the first two weeks of December, the patch will go live.
  • Not heard anymore on this post, so in case anyone else has any info, is console optimisation going out same time as release of chapter 10?
    The devs mention that there is an optimization patch and it will be released in December. Well that is the goal. It is going to be for pc and console. However console players are going to be more impacted by the change. It will be a massive difference which I am so excited for. 

    And they also said that they will slowly be improving graphics. All I can say is that Dead by daylight is here to stay 😁

    Also here’s some photos provided by Louise on the dev stream.