How To Fix Scourge Hooks
When you hook a Survivor on a Scourge hook:
- The hook used becomes a normal hook, and a new hook becomes a Scourge Hook.
- If a Scourge Hook is not used 3 times; it ALSO cycles to a new hook. To prevent matches where a Scourge Hook spawns in a remote corner of the map. If it does spawn there, and is not used in 3 hookings; it cycles.
Comments
I like this! Good idea, it keeps the hook positions dynamic and changing instead of forcing the killer to play as much around a specific area as they can.
I like this a lot. I've had a pretty decent amount of matches using Scourge hooks where I barely got to use them because of their spawns.
I wouldn't mind this probably, it makes the Scourge Hooks more dynamic during play. It doesn't sound like it's a buff either, it's quite possible that if you use a Scourge Hook in this system it could move to a less desirable spot afterward and then you're out of luck for the next few hooks. It's just more of a variant where things move around the map over time.
Just make all hooks scourge hooks when you equip one of those perks, except maybe the basement hooks. That way, you can actually get to use the perk you equipped.
I think they should just put some logic into the spawning code that creates a bias that makes hooks 'like' to be towards the center of the map, but also 'NEED' to be distant from one another.
It really sucks when hooks are at the edge of the map, sure, but at least I can walk to them in their respective areas.
However, what makes the game unbearable is when the hooks are all clumped together in a dead zone.
Went to the Oni map and had all 4 hooks on one side of the entire trial. If I wanted to use my perk, I had to completely ignore half of the map - which made the game generally more frustrating.
If the 4 hooks were spread out over the entire map (2 on one side, 1 in the middle, 1 on the other) it would have been a lot more engaging.
By saying 'Be in the middle' and 'be as far apart as possible' the code will make the hooks spawn in a reliable and useful fashion.
Your ideas are not bad at all, but I believe that backend coding will solve the problem better than hook juggling.